Ron Dupree

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 31245
Property Name : Bremmond
Reservation Date : 02/19/2022 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 39 Bass 12-20 inches
Lures Used : crank bait, shaky head, Drop Shot

Fellow member John Shepard and I made our way to Bremmond Saturday 2/19. We arrived at daybreak to calm and sunny conditions with the air temperature right at 30 deg. We started by throwing a few casts from the bank but no takers so we rigged out the club boat and headed for the timber due to some suface activity we observed from the bank in that area. I started with a flat sided crank bait and caught a 19 inch football right off the bat and shortly after as i was about to lift the crankbait out of the water i watched 2 lber come up out of nowhere and nailed it for number 2 so we are thinking its going to be better than avg day. We drifited around in front of the trees fan casting crank baits all around but the action was not there as we had hoped and it started to become grind picking up 1 here and there never really finding them bunched up anywhere till around 11 am, We setup out in front of the boatramp about 40 yards out and by then i had switched to a dropshot. I was throwing parallel to the bank and started getting a bunch of pecks on the finesse red bug worm, sometimes just a tap, sometimes tap tap tap like bream or very small bass. This happened most of the day using the drop shot and every now and then we would get a good hard tug and it was game on. John was geting the same results on dropshot so he switched to a whacky rigged shakyhead and was able to land some bigger fish. He would have had a 25 lb bag easily with his best 5. I would have had closer to 20 lbs because the drop shot was catching smaller ones on avg than John was catching on shaky head. Water temp was 51 deg at 8 am and 58 deg when we left at 4:30. Water clarity was good considering there looked like an algae bloom on top, may have been pollen I dont know. Cranks worked best early then draging plastics later. We caught 39 total culling 12. Probably 10 or so were 19-20 inch footballs that fought like much bigger fish. 

Feb 21 2022

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

I am thrilled about this report. When catching 39 fish, with 10 of them in the 4 to 5 lb range In mid February,  is not considered an above average day. We have done our job in locating and managing our lakes. Thanks for the report. There are some bigger ones in there. I fished the lake in November for 2.5 hours and had 3 over 5.5 lbs. Biggest was a low 6. 

This is one of my favorite lakes in the club. So many fat bass!!! These fish are toads.