Good for a winter trip

Feb 12 2022

Eric Carr

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 31159
Property Name : Dogleg Ranch
Reservation Date : 02/11/2022 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 34 total; 25 were culls, one was 21.5" at 5-7.
Lures Used : watermelon red/green flake senko, search bait, jerk bait

I fished Dogleg Ranch out near Bandera on Friday.  Began 10am and finished until 5pm, weather started off around 48 degrees and climbed to 72.  Water temperature began at 51 degrees and warmed to 55.  Very wind at times, fairly calm at others.  The water is gin-clear and the lake is about 4 feet low but very fishable. Picked up a fish here and there early on searchbaits and jerkbaits, changed to a senko and caught a few, then switched to wacky and did best with that.  Best bite was midday.  Almost all the bass I caught were culls or slightly larger, with the one big fish caught on the watermelon senko.  Almost all the fish were caught 5-10 foot deep, and the best spot was probably the big area all around the duck decoys.  Removed 25 bass. Beautiful lake and property with a nice concrete ramp.

Feb 19 2022

William Fetech

Toad

Number of Posts :

Eric. Nice report and good to hear they completed the concrete ramp. Nice addition. Although I will not be fishing for a couple of months due to shoulder replacement surgery in January, if you ever are looking for a partner, please let me know. I live in Boerne so are of the central Texas are close to me.  

Bill Fetech 

Feb 23 2022

Eric Carr

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By William Fetech

Eric. Nice report and good to hear they completed the concrete ramp. Nice addition. Although I will not be fishing for a couple of months due to shoulder replacement surgery in January, if you ever are looking for a partner, please let me know. I live in Boerne so are of the central Texas are close to me.  

Bill Fetech 

Bill, hope you recover quickly! 

Feb 24 2022

Bryan Buchan

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Eric Carr

Bill, hope you recover quickly! 

Yes Bill, hope your shoulder recovers quickly.  Tell your physical therapist you'll soon need to be hauling in 10 pound lunkers with that shoulder.  I'm sure there's a special therapy they can use to get you ready 😀

Feb 24 2022

William Fetech

Toad

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Bryan Buchan

Yes Bill, hope your shoulder recovers quickly.  Tell your physical therapist you'll soon need to be hauling in 10 pound lunkers with that shoulder.  I'm sure there's a special therapy they can use to get you ready 😀

Bryan    

thanks. I am sure there is additional torture my PT can provide specific to fishing🎣

Bill

Feb 26 2022

Blake Doughtie

Fry

Number of Posts :

Bryan    

thanks. I am sure there is additional torture my PT can provide specific to fishing🎣

Bill

Howdy Eric, that’s about the same kinda results I’ve had before there as well; one or two quality fish to be proud of during my trips there and the rest are keepers that soon saw the fillet knife. I caught a 7 lber there in July, which was my first fish caught out of that pond and I’ve had high expectaitons ever since…I can only imagine that fish is around 8-9 lbs at this time in the season. Since then, nothing of any remarkable size. If you ever want to go out there together one weekend, send me a pm and we can figure it out. Tight lines, sir.

Feb 26 2022

Blake Doughtie

Fry

Number of Posts :

Bryan    

Bill

Bill,

I’m a doctor of physical therapy student in N San Antonio and I’ve worked with a lot of patients wanting to get back to the same thing we all love here at PWF; catching hawgs and catching the finest freshwater delicacy, crappie. If I wouldn’t have gone to PT school, trying my hand at guiding/lure making/professional fishing (fat chance, right?) was gonna be my next route. Anyways, as someone who’s a wanna-be pro bass fisherman and somehow only a couple of months from being a fully fledged PT with plenty of understanding of the required range of motion in your shoulder to fish, let me know if I can offer any advice or if you’d like to fish together. I go fishing around Boerne quite often, particularly a certain park & reserve. Hope your recovery is going well; keep moving it as much as you can tolerate without breaking your surgeons precautions! 

Blake

Feb 26 2022

William Fetech

Toad

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Blake Doughtie

Bill,

I’m a doctor of physical therapy student in N San Antonio and I’ve worked with a lot of patients wanting to get back to the same thing we all love here at PWF; catching hawgs and catching the finest freshwater delicacy, crappie. If I wouldn’t have gone to PT school, trying my hand at guiding/lure making/professional fishing (fat chance, right?) was gonna be my next route. Anyways, as someone who’s a wanna-be pro bass fisherman and somehow only a couple of months from being a fully fledged PT with plenty of understanding of the required range of motion in your shoulder to fish, let me know if I can offer any advice or if you’d like to fish together. I go fishing around Boerne quite often, particularly a certain park & reserve. Hope your recovery is going well; keep moving it as much as you can tolerate without breaking your surgeons precautions! 

Blake

Blake. Welcome to PWF!!

when do you graduate?  This has been a journey over several years with my shoulder.  I have had at least three rounds of PT and never realized how much education and training was needed to be a PT.

thanks for the offer of assistance,  I have  PT twice a week and it is progressing slowly as it should.  
I look forward to be able to fish again and I will definitely reach out to you about partnering,

Bill

Mar 01 2022

Blake Doughtie

Fry

Number of Posts :

Blake. Welcome to PWF!!

when do you graduate?  This has been a journey over several years with my shoulder.  I have had at least three rounds of PT and never realized how much education and training was needed to be a PT.

thanks for the offer of assistance,  I have  PT twice a week and it is progressing slowly as it should.  
I look forward to be able to fish again and I will definitely reach out to you about partnering,

Bill

I'll be graduating in May! And yes sir, it's a much more intense and in-depth curriculum than most would think, but it enables us to treat a variety of conditions outside of traditional thinking; much more than providing massages to sore muscles, using a hot pack and TENS unit, and establishing exercise routines. Seven years of education, and even more if specializing or doing a residency. There aren't any residencies or supplemental education courses covering the physical requirements of fishing with a thorough understanding (that I know of), so I've got somewhat of a niche perspective.
I hope recovery is going well and that you're able to get back on the water soon.

Blake