Feb 07 2022

Joshua Massoud

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 31119
Property Name : The Bluffs of Sandy Shores
Reservation Date : 02/06/2022 All Day - 02/06/2022 All Day
Total Fish/Sizes : 3 up to 6lbs
Lures Used : "The Box" - plastico was the jam.

I had been pent up in the house for a few days and was just tired of being home.  Saw Bluffs was open so I booked it and invited fellow member, Zach Polyak.  Wasn’t expecting much – just wanted to be in the sun. 

1. Water was 37.5 degrees when we arrived and a blistering 40.5 when we left.  Was headed to Mavs game at 5, so I got there early so I could leave by 2:45 or so. Wind was out of the South and water clarity was lower than in the past, about 2 feet. 
  2. Boat was frozed to the mud so that was fun.
  3. Worked the deepest areas of the lakes and transition zones – graphed a fair amount of fish in those areas again and worked off my prior knowledge of the lake. 
  4. Could not get them on anything other than soft plastics – tried all of my normal winter fare (jerkbait/ARIG/spoon/jig, etc). 
  5. We did manage 3, including Zach’s PB of approaching 6lbs.  And Zach missed another at the boat. 
  6. Most fish were suspended at 8 feet in 14 feet of water, near shallow shelves/ledges on wind blown banks.  
  7. Maybe the fish turned on after 3pm when the temps finally got above 50, but it was just cold. 
  8. Thought the fish would hold tight to dark cover  but just couldn’t get them to react to much.  
  9. Thank you to the landowner and PWF – still catching fish on a frigid blue bird day is awesome. 

Feb 08 2022

John Freeman

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

On Feb 1 I bet that water was 45-46 degrees. 37.5 in a couple days time would be a shock to their system. Looks like those fish need to eat, as the weather turns and water starts warming up they can get back doing what they do best-EATIN’, and those fishies out there eat a bunch! Good job guys!

Feb 08 2022

Zacharri Polyak

Fry

Number of Posts :

Good times…thanks for inviting me, bro!