What a day!! 23 lb bag! (Jan 17th) *Video Attached*

Jan 22 2022

Jeremy Francis

Fry

Number of Posts :

The day started cold (literally 30 degrees, and 44 degree water temps).  Full sun, no clouds, full moon,  but the barometric pressure had dropped slightly.  Given the moon situation, I figured they'd be biting mid-day, and given the full sun (no cloud cover) I figured it would be a slow and low bite.  

The first fish actually ate a swim jig (crappie pattern) in about 4 ft of water (4.5 lbr), right around the point on the same side as boat ramp.  We caught a 6 lbr later in the day on the same point near the lay down on a 6 inch Fat Finesse Worm & Shaky Head (by XZone).  The other 3 fish (3 lbr, 4 lbr, and 5 lbr) also came on a shaky head mid-day, but at a different spot.  From the first hump, and looking towards the damn, there's a huge submerged tree about half way between the first hump and the dam.  It was holding some really good fish!!

These are pure Florida bass, big eaters, and were very fat!  We had an absolute blast as my buddy caught his new PB on the 6 lbr. Video to come within the next 24 hrs. I'll post here. 

Jan 22 2022

Merlin Talley

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Jeremy, the second I saw your @fishing_the_lonestar post, I knew I had to check out your fishing report and see the details! Nearly identical conditions yesterday at Pecan Springs Ranch and I got skunked. Definitely putting the @flirtskirtfishing swim jig and @xzonelures shaky head in my arsenal for my next cold water fishing adventure. Thanks!

Jan 24 2022

Jeremy Francis

Fry

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Merlin Talley

Jeremy, the second I saw your @fishing_the_lonestar post, I knew I had to check out your fishing report and see the details! Nearly identical conditions yesterday at Pecan Springs Ranch and I got skunked. Definitely putting the @flirtskirtfishing swim jig and @xzonelures shaky head in my arsenal for my next cold water fishing adventure. Thanks!

Hey, thanks man!  It’s definitely been some tougher days lately.  I have to think that swimjig fish was just up there getting sun!  Seemed odd for it to be so shallow.  Even though I don’t like to fish slow, I had a feeling the slow drag of the shaky head would help get some bites.  They just happened to be 5 big bites out there!  Super fun day!!