TRI VO

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 30876
Property Name : The Jordan
Reservation Date : 01/09/2022 AM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 32 up to 18 inches 
Lures Used : Spinnerbait, Crankbait, Rattletrap

1st time at The Jordan and it didn't disappoint. Launched at about 7:40 am and there was a slight breeze. Water temp was 59 and clarity was 6-8". There's no grass on the perimeter so I was able to throw just about anything. Tried throwing a medium spinnerbait at first but couldn't get a bite. Depth at the dam was quite shallow so I threw lipless and shallow running crankbaits. I didn't see any bait fish but brim and chartreuse were the color choices. Most fish were caught in 3-4 ft of water along the perimeter from the dam to the island. Tried fishing the channel past the island but couldn't get a bite. The channel also ran along the east side toward the island which had suspended fish.  I was able to pick up a few suspended fish but nothing large. All fish caught were healthy with no dinks. I ended up catching 32 bass and lost a huge catfish probably about 15 pounds. All in all most fish were caught early but I consistently caught fish until noon. I did not throw any plastics. I had a good time. Thank you pond owner and PWF!