Nick Owens

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 30255
Property Name : Hill Country Ranch
Reservation Date : 12/28/2021 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 55
Lures Used : Plastics and Cranks

My brother and I hit the water around 7:30am and started catching fish by our second cast.  Blue/black, green pumpkin gold flake, and other dark colors worked best even with the water being clear.  Wacky rigged senkos did the most damage followed by Red Eye Shad lipless cranks.  I ran a gold black back and my brother a red craw pattern and both seemed to produce.  The bite was steady but we had to often adjust lures or areas to stay on them.  The largest of our overs was a long and lean 6lber caught by my brother Jason that came off of a bone colored topwater popper near the damn and a couple of 2lbers off wacky worms.  The topwater bite was not consistent and mostly produced short strikes or small under sized bass.  The weather was overcast all day with temps in the 60’s climbing to around 70 in the afternoon.  The wind was almost nonexistent and at times the water was like glass.  Total catch was 55 with 10 overs and 45 culls removed and off the water by 2:30pm.  

Great property with nice views.  The lake is still low and the ramp is a bit steep so watch your step if walking down when damp.  Especially if the cows have been on it.  Keep an eye out for red ants taking up residence in the club boat when you dump it over.  We got a pile of them out before heading out on the water.  

Dec 29 2021

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

55 bass in December! Wow! Thanks for culling 45 of them.