Dec 29 2021

Robert Lundin

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 30705
Property Name : Heartbrand Ranch
Reservation Date : 12/28/2021 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 40+ 2 to 7 lbs
Lures Used : Any thing that looked like a shad (white)

Anyone living in the San Antonio area should experience this lake.  We never had to take the boat out and only ventured 100 ‘ either side of the dock.  The wind was blowing from the south at a pretty good clip.  Lots of doubles.  The lake is full  and clarity was 2’.  Most strike were within 2’ of the shore or when we skipped it under the dock.   One heartbreaker today on the big bass it snapped my 45+ year old zebco spinning rod.  I bought that rod when I didn't have two nickels to rub together.  Later in the afternoon the front came through and wind switched around from the north. Easy to fish from the bank and no visible weeds.   This has to be one of the top 5 lakes in the club.  

Dec 29 2021

Cole Porter

Admin

Number of Posts :

Robert,

Sounds like an awesome day!

Retire that spinning rod, and mount it on the wall in your garage to remind you of your fond memories!

Cole PWF

Dec 29 2021

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

Bob,

Glad you made it down south. Bob is one of our longest standing member in his 20th year. He is affectionately known as “Brisket Bob” in the office. He is a master smoker of Briskets. 

Hearbrand is a very underrated lake. One of the best lakes in the club for catching 2-3.5 lb fish in bunches. Also glad you found a big one or two. Congratulations.