Tough Day at Nix Ranch...But Santa Showed Up!

Dec 05 2021

Zacharri Polyak

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 30573
Property Name : Nix Ranch: Lake TCU
Reservation Date : 12/04/2021 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 3
Lures Used : Fluke Swimmers, Soft Plastics

My brother and I worked really hard for 3 bass today at Nix Ranch.  We culled two that were under 14 inches and returned a 4 pounder.  Fished from about 10:30am to 5pm.  The weather was nice—slightly windy and overcast.  Mostly fished the bank.  I fished Nix Ranch earlier this year with great success, but the lake had dropped significantly since the last time I was there.  If you have never fished Nix Ranch before, the water is very clear and there is a lot of weeds/vegatation, so with the lake being so low, it really limited what we could throw.  I tried a spinner bait from the boat but kept getting hung up, so switched to a weedless Texas rig and soft plastics.  The limited success we did get was with plastic swimming green flukes on a Texas rig.  Between the two of us we got about 6 bites today and pulled in just 3...glad we didn’t srike out, but, man, it was tough.  However, our moods improved when Mr. and Mrs Dub Nix came out to say hello.  They were in their Santa and Mrs. Clause costumes on their way to volunteer in the local Christmas parade, and we were able to get our picture with Santa!  I just wish Santa would have brought more fish!

Dec 05 2021

Joshua Massoud

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Your brother looks like the hippy version of your Zach. Crazy how we slayed them that morning it rained out there in the summer and then you have to work hard to get 6 bites.  Every day is different!