TRI VO

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 30536
Property Name : Triple J Ranch
Reservation Date : 11/28/2021 PM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 18
Lures Used : Swimbait, spinnerbait, crankbait, rattletrap, trig

Today I thought it was going to be nice and calm. Well let’s say it was nice but not so calm. Launched around 120 pm and the wind was ripping. The water was very muddy on both ends. I would say 6” max on clarity. It was a little tough at the beginning. Tried to use the shoreline to hold the boat little by little but that didn’t really work for me. I ended up lettting the boat drift which worked out pretty good. I started out throwing the spinnerbait and rattletrap. To my surprise, I could not get them to take either one. I switched to a 3” chartreuse swimbait and caught a few small dinks. There was no grass other than moss on the shoreline edge. My fish finder was not working today so I could not locate the ledges or channel. I think most of the fish came from 3-7’ of water. I would say most fish were caught from the middle on both sides toward the dam. I was only able to catch 1 fish on the north side. Cranking was key today. Especially toward the last hour from 430 pm to 530 pm when the winds slowed and wishing I had more daylight. I read somewhere that chartreuse works on this pond. It didn’t for me. White worked the best. I ended up catching 17 bass, culled 6, and 1 crappie. Most were nice and chunky around 2# and 3#. Two of the biggest were measured and weighed 4.23# and 4.58#. They were caught after 5 pm. Generally by the end of the day, I would be tired and ready to go. Not so today because I was starting to catch bigger fish. Man I wished I could have fished another hour or two given the winds finally slowed down. Anyways, Triple J was a blast to fish and it was easily accessible from the highway. I don’t think there has been another pond that close to the highway lol! Until next time, thank you PWF and Triple J!