Always a blast to fish Alysha (wife's new pb)

Nov 21 2021

TRI VO

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 30453
Property Name : Alysha Ranch
Reservation Date : 11/20/2021 PM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 35
Lures Used : Swimbait, spinnerbait, crankbait, rattletrap

It was back to Alysha for me and my family and it did not disappoint. We got to catch some chunks. We launched around 1:35 and the wind was ripping a bit. I am glad I have a 24v trolling motor on the jon boat. The pond looks like it was at least 3 ft low. The water was quite stained but I didn’t mind it. We didn’t use any finese baits today. We were throwing fast moving baits: swimbait, spinnerbait, crankbait, and rattletrap. I was throwing a reddish & chartreuse bait as well as a white & chartreuse color. My wife was throwing white baits. The lake still has hydrilla and moss on the perimeter but some has died off. Anyways we were catching fish in 1-5 fow along the perimeter and deeper ledges. The bass were hitting the baits pretty hard. I love this time of year for bigger fish. I think the best time was around 4 pm when we caught most of our bigger fish in a 30 minute time span. I caught a few fish around 4- 5s. My wife caught her new PB which was 5.54#. And Sarah uses those zebco rod and reels haha! The ones that have 6-8 pound test line in them lol. Anyways, the bite started to slow down right before 5 pm. We ended up catching 33 bass, culled 10, and 2 crappie. For us for the price, Alysha is an absolute bargain. If you like throwing fast moving baits, this is the place for you. Not to say you can’t use slow moving baits, it was too dirty and windy today. We are going to love coming out here in the spring when we get to fish all 30 acres. Ten acres of it currently is too shallow past the fenceline. That will be a blast. Also I got to holler back and forth with the owner from the boat near the end. He is a very nice man. Thanks for allowing us to fish Alysha, and thanks PWF!

Nov 22 2021

Mark Daugherty

Keeper

Number of Posts :

You guys (guy and girls) always slay them at Alysha. Tell your wife congrats on the new PB! Thanks for sharing the pics!

Mark

Nov 22 2021

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

Alysha Ranch produces again. Way to go!!

Nov 23 2021

David Felton

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Congrats on a good outing and on the new PB!  Glad to hear that those old Zebcos are still putting fish in the boat.  I have fond childhood memories when I think of that.

Nov 23 2021

TRI VO

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Mark Daugherty

You guys (guy and girls) always slay them at Alysha. Tell your wife congrats on the new PB! Thanks for sharing the pics!

Mark

Thanks Mark, will do! Believe it or not she was getting skunked for 2 hours but her tenacity netted her new pb and a few good fish at the end.

Nov 23 2021

TRI VO

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Steve Alexander

Alysha Ranch produces again. Way to go!!

Thanks Steve! She loves this pond.

Nov 23 2021

TRI VO

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By David Felton

Congrats on a good outing and on the new PB!  Glad to hear that those old Zebcos are still putting fish in the boat.  I have fond childhood memories when I think of that.

Thanks David! Sarah gets her line snapped quite a bit at the boat by bigger fish but she has learned to use the drag more. Thinking about the fish snapping her line only drives her to catch her next pb. Lol I can’t get her to learn using the open face reels.

Nov 23 2021

Bob Scheidemann

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By TRI VO

Thanks David! Sarah gets her line snapped quite a bit at the boat by bigger fish but she has learned to use the drag more. Thinking about the fish snapping her line only drives her to catch her next pb. Lol I can’t get her to learn using the open face reels.

Always enjoy reading your fishing reports!
Congrats to your wife on her new PB!

Bob

Nov 24 2021

TRI VO

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Bob Scheidemann

Always enjoy reading your fishing reports!
Congrats to your wife on her new PB!

Bob

Thanks Bob! She says she appreciates the support! Maybe now I can add 10 pound test line to her arsenal if those zebco reels will accept it haha.

Nov 24 2021

John Freeman

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Thanks Bob! She says she appreciates the support! Maybe now I can add 10 pound test line to her arsenal if those zebco reels will accept it haha.

Zebco 33 Max comes spooled with 20lb ( might down that to 14). 50 years ago one of my first reels was an OG Zebco 33 and my dad did put 14lb on it.

Nov 24 2021

TRI VO

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By John Freeman

Zebco 33 Max comes spooled with 20lb ( might down that to 14). 50 years ago one of my first reels was an OG Zebco 33 and my dad did put 14lb on it.

Hey John,  I  don't believe anyone of the reels came with anything higher than 8 lb test.  Putting 14 lb may be too much.  Let me know what you think. 

Nov 24 2021

John Freeman

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Hey John,  I  don't believe anyone of the reels came with anything higher than 8 lb test.  Putting 14 lb may be too much.  Let me know what you think. 

Can not speak on the newer Zebs but the 404 and 33 should be able to take 10lb (the 33 maybe 12). May have to try on one of the 404 or 33. I went to the Zebco website. The 202 can do 10, the 404 can do 15, the 33 can do 10. You could get away most likely a bump up one step in lb test. Hope that helps

Nov 25 2021

TRI VO

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By John Freeman

Can not speak on the newer Zebs but the 404 and 33 should be able to take 10lb (the 33 maybe 12). May have to try on one of the 404 or 33. I went to the Zebco website. The 202 can do 10, the 404 can do 15, the 33 can do 10. You could get away most likely a bump up one step in lb test. Hope that helps

John, you didn't have to do that but thanks! Great info!

Nov 25 2021

John Freeman

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

John, you didn't have to do that but thanks! Great info!

No problem, line breaks on a large fish frustrating, seeing someone loose a big fish just as frustrating. Glad to help