Friday, Nov 19th - Frannie's, Emory (beautiful fall day, had to get finesse-y)

Nov 21 2021

Mark Daugherty

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 30238
Property Name : Frannies Lake
Reservation Date : 11/19/2021 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 35 / up to 4.75lbs
Lures Used : Most effective were: spinnerbait, ned, hrd jerkbait

Pam and I joined friend and member David Felton for a shot at one of the great new properties in the club (they just keep coming!). Friday was a post-frontal, mile-high sky, bluebird day – and was freezing cold in the AM, BUT it was the only day in the last several where the wind laid down. So, at least we could manage the boat and really enjoy the day at this beautifual and secluded ranch. We arrvied to outside temps of 32F rising to 62F by afternoon. Winds were out of the east at 5 to 8MPH. The lake was a couple of feet low from full-pool and tea stained with 15IN of viz and temps at 58F. We started the morning with promise with some willing and healthy fighters going for spinnerbaits at a medium retrieve. As the fog burned off and the sun shone brighter, the bite really slowed and we had to work for them. We ended up finding most of the bites during the midday in 5 to 8 FOW in the middle of the narrow, northern half of the lake. When the bite was tough, David found the magic bullet and pretty much the only thing that produced and that was a Ned rig fitted with a black/blue hula stick. He continued to score some solid fish as they were turning up their noses on any other offering. Close to sunset we found a some shad chasers in the shallows and scored a few on hrd and sft jerkbaits and again on the hula stick. We finished with landing 35 bass up to 4.75 lbs 3 others over 3 and several more over 2 along with 11 harvestors. Such a fun day – big thanks to the club and the property owners!

P.S. if you get the chance, do yourself a favor and enjoy dinner at Stefano’s Greek Kouzina in Emory. Highly recommend!

Mark, Pam, & David

Nov 21 2021

David Felton

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

I second everything Mark said.  It was a great day at a beautiful property where we saw a number of deer in addition to the great fish.  We also scored several fish on a shad colored squarebill, but that afternoon was dominated by the ned rig.  Just remember, there is a TON of submerged timber in this lake and with the water clarity as it was, you couldn’t really see it untiil the boat got within 5 yards or so.  So if you’re fishing with an exposed hook lure it helps to have a lure retriever (we needed ours several times).  I would also recommend the ned heads that allow you to rig the bait weedless/Tx style as that’s how I kept from getting hung up repeatedly.  My specific ned head was a 1/16th ounce with a 2/0 hook from Flatlands Tackle.