Looks are deceiving!

Nov 15 2021

Charles McCarble

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

If you are looking for beautiful scenery and breath taking views, this place is not for you! If you are looking to catch big, fat, mean Florida bass with a bad attitude, youv’e come to the right place! We started off with a cool 35 degree morning and blue bird skies. My son Jon and I had the pleasure of fishing with fellow PWF member Scott Wheeler today. We were in our boat and Scott was in his Ultra-Skiff. I caught 2- 1 ½ lb.bass on a white whopper plopper right off the bat, my son was using spinning baits and boated 3-4 fish close to 2 lbs. as well. The morning bite was slow untill we saw a massive school of shad breaking in the back of a cove off the main pond. We immediately cranked up the trolling motor and headed that way and started throwing shad colored spinning baits into the feeding frenzy…. we began to hook up on almost every cast. The action ended almost as fast as it began. The result, around 12- fish, 6 were culls (school bass), others were in the 2-2 1/2 lb.range. After a brief lunch, we regrouped and came up with a game plan based on the mornings activity. Shad and brim colors throwing on  edges of grass was the plan. The best lures were brim colored spinning baits with white or brim color googan trailer and watermellon color brush hogs. There were many big ones caught after lunch. Scott boated a monster 7.8 lbs. beauty and backed it up with one in the 6’s, one in the 5’s and several more in the 2-4 pound range. I believe he caught 30 total, I’m guessing...maybe 8 were culls?. My son Jon and I did well also. Jon broke his p.b. today with a 6.75 chunk, my biggest today was a mere 5.25. We ended up with 23, 8 were culls. What this place lacks in beauty, it makes up for in quantity and quality. This place will be seeing 10-lb+. fish in the next couple of years!!!

As a side note: I was disappointed to see that not even 6 weeks in our club, they owners are already jacking up the price from $150 to $200!!! With inflation at record levels, $150 a day is pretty much the limit for most of us. I guess that’s what happens when a place is new and getting too many bookings. 

Nov 15 2021

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

Hi Charles,

So, glad your son broke his PB, Scott caught a 7.8, a 6, and you guys caught 23 fish. This lake has been fishing well.

I wanted to adress your pricing concern. We try and offer the best value in fishing. The owner has spent more than $40,000 just this year in a boat ramp and forage. Just this year. This does not include the 6 figures he has spent in the previous 3 years in forage, fertilzier and other enhancements. As demand rises, prices will and do increase, as demand reduces we do lower the prices of lakes (C-Sulphur Bluff Dear Trail. We lowered the price from $150 to $120 in October). In some cases we do not get the pricing correct out of gate.  We set the price to low at this lake and adjusted. We understand that not every member will be able pay $200 a day to go fishing. We have 85 other lakes that are less expensive and hopefully fit the budget better.  We have a menu of lakes, some lakes are priced like a hamburger, some are priced like a choice NY strip, and some lakes are priced like a Wagyu Ribeye. The great part is you get to choose. Again, sorry you are disappointed, we hate disappointing our members. But, we missed the correct price from the beginning and adjusted. 

Nov 15 2021

Scott Wheeler

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

It Was A Great Day.

27 Total fish, 9 culls

I Hit For the Bass Fishing Cycle

1lbs To 7lbs

7.76  6.68  5.44   5.24

multiple 4's  3's  2's  &  1's.

total different Bite than it was just 2 weeks ago.

I went out with a plan from that previous

trip and failed miserably, everything That worked before was dead in the water..

changed tactics late that morning

and started having great success.

I Always Enjoy Fishing With Charles

and it was great to meet his son 

jon..

We will be back  on the Bluffs

This Saturday 11/20 

For Another Round Of The 

big bass hunt..

take care ya'll

Stay Fishing My Friends 🎣

Nov 15 2021

Joshua Massoud

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Scott Wheeler

It Was A Great Day.

27 Total fish, 9 culls

I Hit For the Bass Fishing Cycle

1lbs To 7lbs

7.76  6.68  5.44   5.24

multiple 4's  3's  2's  &  1's.

total different Bite than it was just 2 weeks ago.

I went out with a plan from that previous

trip and failed miserably, everything That worked before was dead in the water..

changed tactics late that morning

and started having great success.

I Always Enjoy Fishing With Charles

and it was great to meet his son 

jon..

We will be back  on the Bluffs

This Saturday 11/20 

For Another Round Of The 

big bass hunt..

take care ya'll

Stay Fishing My Friends 🎣

Nice work gents – it is pretty crazy how quickly the bite changed from a couple of weeks ago to now

Nov 16 2021

Stephen Conover

Fry

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Steve Alexander

Hi Charles,

So, glad your son broke his PB, Scott caught a 7.8, a 6, and you guys caught 23 fish. This lake has been fishing well.

I wanted to adress your pricing concern. We try and offer the best value in fishing. The owner has spent more than $40,000 just this year in a boat ramp and forage. Just this year. This does not include the 6 figures he has spent in the previous 3 years in forage, fertilzier and other enhancements. As demand rises, prices will and do increase, as demand reduces we do lower the prices of lakes (C-Sulphur Bluff Dear Trail. We lowered the price from $150 to $120 in October). In some cases we do not get the pricing correct out of gate.  We set the price to low at this lake and adjusted. We understand that not every member will be able pay $200 a day to go fishing. We have 85 other lakes that are less expensive and hopefully fit the budget better.  We have a menu of lakes, some lakes are priced like a hamburger, some are priced like a choice NY strip, and some lakes are priced like a Wagyu Ribeye. The great part is you get to choose. Again, sorry you are disappointed, we hate disappointing our members. But, we missed the correct price from the beginning and adjusted. 

Hey Steve,

For what it’s worth I wanted to let you know that I totally agree with your comments on the latest fishing report from “The Bluffs of Sandy Shores, Terrell”.  Cody and I had the best fishing experience of our lives there and it was definitely worth $200.00 each!!

After all, how much does it cost to fish Camelot Bell!!

Thanks for all you guys do!  You certainly add a lot of pleasure to my life!

Nov 16 2021

Charles McCarble

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Stephen Conover

Hey Steve,

For what it’s worth I wanted to let you know that I totally agree with your comments on the latest fishing report from “The Bluffs of Sandy Shores, Terrell”.  Cody and I had the best fishing experience of our lives there and it was definitely worth $200.00 each!!

After all, how much does it cost to fish Camelot Bell!!

Thanks for all you guys do!  You certainly add a lot of pleasure to my life!

Yes, I see your point. When you add in the convenience factor and the huge cash outlay the landowner has put into feeding and growing these monster fish…..it is worth it. I will be there again this Saturday with Scott and my son for another shot at Moby. I know he is in there!  lol

Dec 19 2021

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Charles McCarble

Yes, I see your point. When you add in the convenience factor and the huge cash outlay the landowner has put into feeding and growing these monster fish…..it is worth it. I will be there again this Saturday with Scott and my son for another shot at Moby. I know he is in there!  lol

Thanks Charles. Like any other business we adjust pricing based on demand and perceived value. Camelot Bell is $1500 a day for two people and some find that a good value. Its all perspective! Again, our goal is to offer a wide range of opportunities. Some will not see the value and others will. We hope with 100 lakes and more than a dozen price points there is a lake that fits most every budget. 

Dec 20 2021

William Butler

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Steve Alexander

Thanks Charles. Like any other business we adjust pricing based on demand and perceived value. Camelot Bell is $1500 a day for two people and some find that a good value. Its all perspective! Again, our goal is to offer a wide range of opportunities. Some will not see the value and others will. We hope with 100 lakes and more than a dozen price points there is a lake that fits most every budget. 

I sure thought it was worth the money, but Ryan Sipe paid……

Dec 20 2021

Charles McCarble

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By William Butler

I sure thought it was worth the money, but Ryan Sipe paid……

You have to admit, it’s a differant experience…. Can’t wait to see how big the bass get in there 5 years from now. Johsua, please save the hogs for me and Scott, you can take care of the culls….lol

Dec 20 2021

Joshua Massoud

Keeper

Number of Posts :

You have to admit, it’s a differant experience…. Can’t wait to see how big the bass get in there 5 years from now. Johsua, please save the hogs for me and Scott, you can take care of the culls….lol

Hogwash – you boys get those big’uns just fine whether I get out there or not… That said, I’m gonna try and branch out to some of the lakes further out this year and I’ll be fishing some club tournaments, so DFW is all yours bossman!  

Dec 20 2021

William Butler

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Joshua Massoud

Hogwash – you boys get those big’uns just fine whether I get out there or not… That said, I’m gonna try and branch out to some of the lakes further out this year and I’ll be fishing some club tournaments, so DFW is all yours bossman!  

What club are you in Joshua?

Dec 21 2021

Joshua Massoud

Keeper

Number of Posts :

What club are you in Joshua?

Hi William, this will be my first venture into club tournaments, so I’m looking at either joining Garland Bass Club or the Ray Hubbard Bass Club.  Most likely the latter as the fee is relatively low and I’m familiar with a few of the lakes.  I’m exceptionally average, but I’d like to give it a go as I can’t compete in boxing anymore and I need something to focus my energy in other than work. 

Dec 21 2021

Charles McCarble

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Hi William, this will be my first venture into club tournaments, so I’m looking at either joining Garland Bass Club or the Ray Hubbard Bass Club.  Most likely the latter as the fee is relatively low and I’m familiar with a few of the lakes.  I’m exceptionally average, but I’d like to give it a go as I can’t compete in boxing anymore and I need something to focus my energy in other than work. 

Joshua-

Other than Steve and probably Cole, you may be one of the fist members to fish all of the available properties in PWF. I am going to try to branch out just a little more, 2 hours is the max. I feel like driving to a fishing destination these days. Good luck in your new fishing club adventure, a litttle competition is fun!

Dec 21 2021

Joshua Massoud

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Joshua-

Other than Steve and probably Cole, you may be one of the fist members to fish all of the available properties in PWF. I am going to try to branch out just a little more, 2 hours is the max. I feel like driving to a fishing destination these days. Good luck in your new fishing club adventure, a litttle competition is fun!

I don’t think I’ll be able to hit all the properties over the next 5 years or so, but do have quite few that are on my hit list.

I’ll still fish local when I have the daughter with me, and I still need to figure out a good method for storing the skiff when I’m traveling overnight at hotel, etc.

It would be nice if I could find some father/daughter club tournaments for when my daughter gets a little older – though I say that and she definitely beat me 1:1 a couple of times this year.

Dec 21 2021

William Butler

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Hey Joshua, I moved to Texas 4 years ago and joined Collin County Bass Club.  We have about 14 boats with a lot of mediocre anglers (with a few really good ones) and a lot of great guys.  We meet at Rudy’s in Frisco the Monday before each week’s tournament.  It’s a lot of fun.

This year, we’re fishing Fairfield, Pat Mayse, Bohnam, Roberts, Lewisville, Lavon, Nocona, Texoma, Bridgeport, Eagle Mountain and our championship is at Hubbard Creek.  All of them are pretty close to DFW and most tournaments this year took 15-17 lbs to win.  We also have an 8 lb pot that is up to $4,000.  First one to catch a fish greater than 8 lbs takes it.  We had a 7.49 last year.  Big lakes that get a ton of pressure are a little more challenging, but they are fun to figure out.  The lakes at PWF will SPOIL you, that’s for sure!

Check it out and if you want to chat more, text me.  My number is 615-416-3270.

https://www.collincountybassclub.com/

Dec 21 2021

Joshua Massoud

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Hey Joshua, I moved to Texas 4 years ago and joined Collin County Bass Club.  We have about 14 boats with a lot of mediocre anglers (with a few really good ones) and a lot of great guys.  We meet at Rudy’s in Frisco the Monday before each week’s tournament.  It’s a lot of fun.

This year, we’re fishing Fairfield, Pat Mayse, Bohnam, Roberts, Lewisville, Lavon, Nocona, Texoma, Bridgeport, Eagle Mountain and our championship is at Hubbard Creek.  All of them are pretty close to DFW and most tournaments this year took 15-17 lbs to win.  We also have an 8 lb pot that is up to $4,000.  First one to catch a fish greater than 8 lbs takes it.  We had a 7.49 last year.  Big lakes that get a ton of pressure are a little more challenging, but they are fun to figure out.  The lakes at PWF will SPOIL you, that’s for sure!

Check it out and if you want to chat more, text me.  My number is 615-416-3270.

https://www.collincountybassclub.com/

Oh wow, thank you sir – I’ll definitely check it out and give you a holler – Merry Christmas!