Al Burns

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 30326
Property Name : Frannies Lake
Reservation Date : 11/08/2021 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 41 Bass, 6 Crappie
Lures Used : Ned Rig w Z Man Hula Stick

Well today turned out to be one of the stranger fishing experiences I’ve had in the club. After reading the prior reports regarding this new lake, I anticipated my experience would be similar to the prior reports submitted. As it turned out, the way we ended up cathching almost all of our fish was fishing the channel of the lake in the deepest water and using Ned Rigs, letting the Elaztech bait sit completely motionless on the bottom. It seemed to be the only way we could get the bass to react. They just didn’t want anything that was “moving”. They wanted a motionless presentation and when they would pick up the bait it would so subtle that about the only way to tell there was a strike was to see our line move. The taps were so faint that they almost couldn’t be felt.

The exceptional side of the day was the size of the bass. My brother Mike had never caught a bass over five pounds. Today he caught three bass over five pounds, the largest being 7.2 pounds. I also caught two bass that weighed slightly over five pounds and four bass that were in the four and a half pound range. Those larger fish were very exciting, being caught on light tackle and a Ned Rig. After 4:30pm the lake turned on and the bass were hitting hard. My brother had his largest fish of the day get off right at the edge of the boat. The last hour of fishing was more of the aggresive, hard hitting manner that you normally have from the bass. It was a remarkable day considering the size of the bass we caught, and the fact that throughout the majority of the day the strikes were so subtle.

This club provides such a great experience. Every lake is unique. The quality of bass fishing is off the charts unique, and downright amazing.

Al Burns

Nov 10 2021

Bob Scheidemann

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Al,

Congrats on the great day of fishing and your brother on catching his PB!

Once again thanks for sharing all the info on the ultraskiff! I love mine!

Now I just need to sell my three kayaks!

Bob

Nov 16 2021

Al Burns

Fry

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Bob Scheidemann

Al,

Congrats on the great day of fishing and your brother on catching his PB!

Once again thanks for sharing all the info on the ultraskiff! I love mine!

Now I just need to sell my three kayaks!

Bob

That’s great. I thought I was the only one fishing out of them. Glad I’m not the only one anymore. 

Al