Joshua Massoud

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 30247
Property Name : Triple J Ranch
Reservation Date : 11/06/2021 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 24 up to 6.5lbs
Lures Used : Rattle Trap, Fluke, SqBill

Welcome my good friend Zach Polyak to PWF. He finally joined PWF after going with me to a couple different spots throughout the year.  He started fishing with me last October and man has he come a long way.. We’ve fished alot of clear water so this was his first go on some turbid water like you find at Triple J and he made some good adjustments on his own and found fish – that’s a big step in learning and I’m proud of him for it. 

We arrived to frost on the ground and thick fog.  Water was 53 degree when we arrived warmning to 58 by 2pm.  Mild wind out of the West.  by 10am, which is when the fishing really picked up. 

I drank last night for a going away party and felt something awful this morning.  I held it in for the drive down but as soon as we got to JJJ – I spent a good 20 minutes, ahem, ‘collecting’ myself.  I rallied though and got on the water about an hour after we arrived. 

It was slow at start – just a little cold and no wind to stir things up.  Alot of stuff collecting on top so felt like it was slightly turned over. 

I tried a buzzbait early and Zack went with a spook/Pop-R, but nothing doing. 

We both switched to spinnerbaits and cranks.  I found some success on sqbills on fish tight to timber.   At around 9:30/10am, I scored with a hog in 8 foot of water on a sqbill that she absolutely crushed. She came in just under 7lbs. Was near the launch next to an isolated piece of timber.  

Zack found success on a white fluke on the along the damn and the timber on the SE mid section of the lake – catching multiple crappie and some bass. 

I chose to powerfish and cruise around throwing the sqbill and an oversized chrome trap picking up fish here and there mostly in spots where there was access to shallow and deep water.  

We had to adjourn at 2pm but the fishing was really heating up as the water warmed with way more activity across the lake.  Althrough we had a solid morning, I felt like had we stayed, the 2-5pm bite was gonna be sensational.  

Strong first outing for Zach and looking forward to watching him grow and bring his kiddo along (who is obsessed with fishing).  Nothing like passing on the love and knowledge of bass fishing to the next generation. 

Nov 07 2021

Charles McCallum

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Welcome to the club Zach!  You're lucky to have Joshua show you the ropes.

Nov 07 2021

Charles McCallum

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Nov 19 2021

Zacharri Polyak

Fry

Number of Posts :

Thanks for the kind words Joshua and for introducing me to PWF!  

Nov 19 2021

Zacharri Polyak

Fry

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Charles McCallum

Thanks Charles!