Stephen Conover

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 30181
Property Name : Wildcat Creek
Reservation Date : 11/02/2021 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 13/ up to 2.5 lbs
Lures Used : Crankbaits, Plastics, swimbaits, topwaters

My son, Cody, and I fished Wildcat on Tuesday November 2nd from 8am-12noon.  It was a chilly, windy day at Wildcat Creek Ranch.  A cold front was blowing in and we had steady north wind 15mph and temps starting at 55 degrees and dropping to 50 by noon. Water was 61 degrees and about 1.5-2 foot visibility.

This is a beautiful property with landscaped grounds and a good looking 15 acre lake.  As described by PWF, the lake has numerous areas of fish-holding structure and depths from 2’ to 15’.  There is minimal underwater vegetation enabling a wide variety of lures.

Wth 4wd we were able to launch and retrieve our 17’ Aluminum Tracker although it might have been difficult with 2wd.  We caught 13 bass,  culling five and returning 8 to the lake.   I feel like we would have done much better had the weather conditions not been so miserable.

We met the owner of the ranch, Reagan, and he is a great guy. He intends to rock a boat ramp and get a waterfront cabin ready for PWF members to rent. 

I would certainly recommend this property as it appears the lake has great potential and the property is so beautiful and well-maintained.

Nov 06 2021

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

The rock ramp, capable of launching full size allunminum boats goes in this week. A jon boat for members to use will be in place by November 15th

If this isn;t the best maintained property in the club, it is certainly a top 5 maintained property.