Reservation Date : 10/25/2021 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 38 bass, 3 crappie. Large LMB 4-12
Lures Used : swimbait, topwater, plastic everything

Total Fish Count 41

3 crappie

38 bass

9 culls

5 over 4lb+ largest 4-12

The drive to the property is great. Easy drive on I-20 until you go a little north, multiple ways to get there off I-20. Arrived at the gate, no issues with the code or lock. The road on property has had new sandstone aggragate added.

The other gate on property is a has the chain slots for securing. The new aggregate makes opening and closing the gate a little difficult as the road is high but if you lift it up some it'll move no problem.

Approaching the dock you could see the two jon boats on premise. One is propped up, the other is flipped as normal. I lifted that one just to check under it, I don't think anyone will want to use it as it's haboring a very large ant mound.

The one that is propped up seemed to be almost 16ft. The other looked to be 14ft.

The pontoon boat does have a motor already on it. The dock is very clear and study. There is only the bench seat on the pontoon boat. Bring a chair or a bucket for another seat.

Water temp upper 70's at surface up to 83 midday. Water was stained per the property description.

Went left of the dock first, first two casts had fish. First first was a 4-8. Second fish I don't know how big it was but it took my swimjig.

Quickly noted there is lots of brush underwater. Gave more lures up to this pond than I have in years.

Half fished the dam area, got a blowup on a frog but missed it. Moved over to the far treeline north of the damn. Switched over to a bone colored stutter step and ended up landing a nice 4+. No other true topwater action.

I did use a small zman topwater frog in white - 2/0, letting it sink subsurface. Picked up a couple of smaller bass that way. Always fun to fish that method as you'll see the bass hit it more often than not.

As usual Mel used a single lure type and caught almost as many fish. 1/0 flashy swimmer with a Reaction Innovation pearl blue shad little dipper, and landed 18 to my 23. I probably used 50 different lures/baits/presentations.

Of which, I donated a lot of them to the pond. My reviled s-waver that I've never caught a fish with, finally landed a fish, but then after getting hung repeatedly I had to leave it behind. 

A black and red spinner bait that I found at a local pond a few years ago made an appearance. I have fished with it before but never had any action on it. 

North of the peninsula that sticks out, tossed the spinnerbait in deep water and let it fall. On the pickup I could tell something had it as the line was way far away from where I casted. This was one the best fish of the day coming in at 4lb 12oz. This fish also was missing the top half of it’s tail. So, with the rest of the tail is was a 5lber right?

I did that a dozen or so more times and landed two more, not as big but healthy fish. Never got any pattern to emerge, or even a consistent bite, although the bites were available. I'd say most of our action was 100 yards either way from the peninsula.

Wildlife notes - could hear a hawk cry on and off throughout the day. Kept thinking of the Law Hawk.

Lots of spiders out here. The variety was amazing. Two times later in the day we observed a spider skimming across the water really fast like it was in a little speed boat. The first time I didn't realize how it was doing this but the second time the sun was shining just right so reveal the trick.

It had several strands of silk in the area that were catching the wind and it was using them to skim across the water. Very interesting to observe such a feat and something I will look out for in the future.

Overall a great day on a beautiful property. Thank you PWF and land owner!

Oct 26 2021

David Felton

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Thanks for the detailed report.  I’m looking forward to fishing this one next month.

Oct 27 2021

Joshua Massoud

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By David Felton

Thanks for the detailed report.  I’m looking forward to fishing this one next month.

Is that a pontoon and does it have seats for two people or a place where seats can be mounted?

Oct 27 2021

Craig Awtrey

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Joshua Massoud

Is that a pontoon and does it have seats for two people or a place where seats can be mounted?

It is a 16 foot mini pontoon with a bench at the back.

Looks like the front seat mounts have been removed, but the middle one is still there.

I brought a bucket with swivel chair lid to use.

There is no rail on the front either so it was nice to net fish from there.

Oct 27 2021

Joshua Massoud

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Craig Awtrey

It is a 16 foot mini pontoon with a bench at the back.

Looks like the front seat mounts have been removed, but the middle one is still there.

I brought a bucket with swivel chair lid to use.

There is no rail on the front either so it was nice to net fish from there.

Roger that, thank you sir. 

Oct 28 2021

Craig Awtrey

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Joshua Massoud

Roger that, thank you sir. 

Thank you Joshua! I enjoy reading your very detailed reports and have gained many insights into fishing from them.