Oct 18 2021

TRI VO

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 30099
Property Name : Travis Lake
Reservation Date : 10/17/2021 PM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 31
Lures Used : Spinnerbait, Crankbait, Rattletrap, Plastic swim baits, Wacky rig senko

It was a new lake for us again. The gate GPS for our reservation was exactly on spot. We launched about 3:30 p.m. and and the water was almost calm. I didn't know the water temperature but the water clarity was at most 1'.  I wanted something loud and flashy so I began throwing crankbaits and spinnerbaits.  The girls were throwing plastic swimbaits of various colors.  For one hour I could not get them to take a fast moving bait but the girls were able to catch a few on the plastic swimbaits. The bass were from 10- 13". Then once I picked up the wacky rig senko, the light switch turned on. The fish caught were mainly in 1-4' of water. Most of the fish were caught on the dock side but the fence line on the opposite side yielded a few. You could also fish pretty much the middle of the pond because it was quite shallow. We didn't catch any monsters but it was a fun day. We didn't venture passed the fence line opposite the dam because I wanted deeper water access for the fish.  All in all we enjoyed the day at beautiful Travis lake.  Thank you PWF and pond owners! 

Oct 18 2021

John Freeman

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Back in early spring I sat in front of that pump jack catching a bunch of 1-2 pounders. I did catch a 5 pounder on the dock side of that fence and lost a good fish at the end of that fence. Good job. Looked like a fun day!  I will be visiting that pond very soon. 

Oct 19 2021

TRI VO

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By John Freeman

Back in early spring I sat in front of that pump jack catching a bunch of 1-2 pounders. I did catch a 5 pounder on the dock side of that fence and lost a good fish at the end of that fence. Good job. Looked like a fun day!  I will be visiting that pond very soon. 

Definitely caught quite a few bass along both fence lines but couldn't find the toad. Looking forward to spring time and fishing the whole pond.