Nice new property

Oct 15 2021

Eric Carr

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

A friend and I fished this very nice property a couple of hours in the afternoon of Oct 13, then about four hours on Oct 14, with light winds, mostly cloudy skies and a high around 80.  Water visibility was right at 9 inches, and all the bass we caught were very pale-colored.  We caught and released 18, culled one, and got another 5 to the boat before they shook off.  Most were right at 2 lbs, with one at 3lbs 6oz.  Dark worms worked ok, as did a shad soft-plastic curly tail and 3.5” GT360 searchbaits, and we caught three on a paddling toad and one on a WhopperPlopper.  What didn’t work was a chrome Rattle Trap, gold spinnerbait, olive chatterbait, chartreuse squarebill crankbait, gold squarebill and dark creature baits rigged on a weedless jighead.

There seem to be plenty of bass in this lake, and we occasionally could see them chasing shad, but they were not easy to catch.  I am not too experienced fishing muddy water, so any tips would be appreciated!

Oct 15 2021

Charles McCallum

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Sounds like a good trip.

Did you use the club mini pontoon boat? If so how was it? Is there a dock or is it tied up to the bank?

Oct 15 2021

Eric Carr

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Charles McCallum

Sounds like a good trip.

Did you use the club mini pontoon boat? If so how was it? Is there a dock or is it tied up to the bank?

Used my TwinTroller (hands-free).  The pontoon was tied to the bank.