Tim O'Connor

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 30026
Property Name : Beaver Lake
Reservation Date : 10/11/2021 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 6 bass/ 1.0-2.5 lbs
Lures Used : Assorted/all weedless

This was my first trip as a member and first time bass fishing in years. 

The water was incredibly clear; last night's rain didn't have much effect.  Water level looked low, and may be significantly down,, judging from the layout, but maybe it's been that way for a while.  Lots of hydrilla, I think. Don't know the water temperature, but it felt good wading.

Caught 4 in the morning, 2 on a spinner bait and 2 on a Texas-rigged white senko.  Those on the senko were the biggest; both around 2.5 lbs.  2 more in the afternoon on an old spoon.  3 from the pier and the rest at the far end while wade fishing. 

I'll clearly need a trolling motor to cover this one when I go back, but for me a good start.  Hey, fished a bait casting reel for the first time in about 40 years with no bird's nests. They must make them better now than in the old days.   

Tim O'Connor 

Oct 12 2021

Joshua Massoud

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Congratulations on your return to bass fishing.  Only gets better from here.  In about two weeks, we should have an amazing run of fishing before the winter pattern sets in (if it ever does).  Good luck! 

Oct 12 2021

Scott Quigley

Admin

Number of Posts :

Glad you had a good time out there Tim, welcome to PWF!  Water is down at many of our club lakes, hopefully we get some rain soon, won’t take too much to fill them up.  No bird nests after a 40 year layoff is impressive.