TRI VO

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 30021
Property Name : Holly Hill Ranch
Reservation Date : 10/10/2021 PM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 32
Lures Used : Swimbait, spinnerbait, crankbait, senko, rattletrap

We went fishing at Holly Hill ranch pond for the first time on Sunday afternoon of 10/10. Make sure to follow the reservation GPS or instructions given. The Holly Hill ranch barn seen from the highway was not where the pond was located. We had to drive a little further down the road to the next intersection until we saw the large steel entry gate with the PWF sign. Anyways, the pond is situated inside a bowl where you had to drive down a slope to get to the launch. The launch area was not pronounced or should I say you had to make your own launch area. Bring a vehicle with clearance unless you intend to park at the top of the hill and walk down. The hill was uneven and the grass was high. The water level is down at least 3’ and the water clarity was around 3’. Kayaks would work perfect since it was pretty shallow on the side with the island. It was windy even though the pond looked protected. My family caught their fish on small & medium swimbaits. I was using shallow running crankbaits, spinnerbait, and a senko rig. The pond has hydrilla grass but it wasn’t thick. The bass were caught in grassy areas and pockets all around the pond including the middle and at the lily pads near the island. I ended up catching most of the fish but my wife and little girl caught the bigger fish shown. One fish did snap my wife’s line so she wishes she had gotten to see its size. All in all we had a blast. We ended up catching 32 and culling 15. Most of the fish caught were just over 14” up to 18”. This is a great looking property and we will be back. Thank you PWF and pond owners!.

Oct 12 2021

Scott Quigley

Admin

Number of Posts :

That’s a very productive evening session!  As always, appreciate the report and great pics.  That lake doesn’t get fished very much so I’m sure the fish were happy to have some company ๐Ÿ˜€

Oct 13 2021

TRI VO

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Scott Quigley

That’s a very productive evening session!  As always, appreciate the report and great pics.  That lake doesn’t get fished very much so I’m sure the fish were happy to have some company ๐Ÿ˜€

Thanks, they fought hard and seemed to be quite healthy! Just need to be culled. I think spring time will be great if we get some rain in there. We love fishing new water!