Greg Zimmerman

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 29976
Property Name : The Bigwoods on the Trinity
Reservation Date : 10/09/2021 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 19 LMB
Lures Used : popper; chatter bait; dark sleeper

I fished Bigwoods on the Trinity, Tennessee Colony, on 10/09/21, arriving at 7:00am and fishing until about 1:45pm.  The water temperature was 75 at arrival and visibility at about 4 feet.  A substantial amount of the grass has died or is in the process of dying off.  The water level is down about 4-5 feet, with the lake surface acreage reduced by about 1/3, with another 1/3 only about 2 feet deep.  The channel from the boat house to the main lake is about 4 feet deep and navigable, but the duck berms, duck blind and fallen timber are completely out of the water.  I caught a 3lb bass on my first cast with a popper in the boat channel to the main lake, nothing on my second cast, so I headed to one of my favorite places on the main lake, the huge fallen tree in the eastern 1/3 of the lake.  I anchored in the deep channel, still about 11 FOW.  The fallen tree is substantially out of the water with the low water level, but I did catch a cull on my first cast, followed by nothing on the second cast.  I noticed baitfish on the electronics in the deeper water and surface busting activity behind me.  I threw the popper near the surface activity in the open water, which was relatively close to the boat, 10-20 feet away, and the popper was quickly sucked under the water.  Nice hook set, fish came out of the water to its shoulders, short fight, and in the net.  8.36 lbs, 23 1/8 inches, another nice relative weight bass at Bigwoods. I continued the popper pattern until about 10:00am, then switched to chatterbait and small swimbaits, finishing the day with 19 LMB, top five at about 22 lbs, 11 culled, 8 returned.

Oct 11 2021

Mark Daugherty

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Greg – congrats on picking up that tank on the topwater – beautiful fish!

Mark