Joshua Massoud

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 29912
Property Name : Salt Lick Lake
Reservation Date : 10/03/2021 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 19 up to 3.2lbs
Lures Used : SQbill/Crank

I had planned on fishing all day Sunday but life had other plans and some stuff came up.  I was able to make it to the lake by 2:30 and on the water at 3pm, fishing till 7:15pm.  Still able to put some fish in the boat so all was well.  I did try and work some different areas than I did last time and some different setups, though a sqbill rolled through the timber line on the tops and through the trees was still pretty hard to beat. 

1. Water was cool and there was a bit of high pressure.  Clarity was about 3.5ft and wind was out of the northwest/west and a bit bliustery at times. 
  2. Spoke with the owner Eric and had a nice chat about the formation of the lake and how it was filled.  Probably an assortment of some different fish in there from flooding and a bunch of bass pulled from a neighboring pond.  Probably some good crappie in the lake and I did notice a couple of stacks of fish in spots – I’ll take my spinnng reel next time and try and pull some of them up. 
  3. My bigger fish came from running a deeper diving crank along the rocks at the south end near the bluff walls.  I also successfully got a fish to stop bleeding pretty immediately using mountain dew, which I had never heard of till last week.  Worked a like a charm – wasn’t a gullet bleed , just a roof of the mouth bleed but want to keep as many fish healthy as possible.  I’ll make sure to keep one in the ice chest from now on.
  4. I noticed a larger boat at the ramp this time.  Not sure if it is for the club or not, but it would be nice to take my daughter out here – the other boat is too small for both of us. 
  5. Some bails of hay were added to the lake.  I’ve seen this at El Salto used as a fish attractant for bait fish.  They haven’t sat in the water long enough yet I don’t think but should be good in a week or 2.  
  6. Nothing massive today but I like to fish the deeper water when I know there isn’t a thermocline which isn’t the case in most of the lakes and work on schools and this affords the best opportunity to do that while being within an hour of my house. 
  7. I’m out next week but looking forward to fishing with Scott Wheeler on the 20th. Looking forward to the fall feeding that should last through 12/15 or so here in the South and we should get a really good spell of numbers and size here pretty soon on most all of the lakes.  

Oct 08 2021

Scott Quigley

Admin

Number of Posts :

Hi Joshua, we just added a 12 ft jon boat at Salt Lick Lake for members to use, you and your daughter should be able to fish from it no problem!

Oct 08 2021

Joshua Massoud

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Scott Quigley

Hi Joshua, we just added a 12 ft jon boat at Salt Lick Lake for members to use, you and your daughter should be able to fish from it no problem!

Awesome thank y'all!