Raymond McKinney

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 29620
Property Name : Indian Cave: La Roca Range
Reservation Date : 09/29/2021 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 9 fish, largest 6#+
Lures Used : senko, tx rig creature

First time we put more fish back than we kept. We caught no dinks at all. the 4 we cleaned were very nearly 16”, but not quite. Had a monster spit a bait back at me and another one broke John off. We threw everything at them before we finally got some kinda consistent bite on a senko in the grass by the dam. it was a grind and nothing that had worked in the past worked for us yesterday. They wouldn’t chase a moving bait at all. Least amount of fish i have ever caught there, but best size and shoulders ever. I think this lake is just improving with age and i have NO COMPLAINTS. Yesterday was slow, in comparison to previous trips, but this is still one of the premier lakes we fish. As always, the trip in and out is an extraordinary wildlife show. On the way in we saw lotsa blackbuck and several whitetail bucks. The whitetail bucks were 140 class youngsters and all typical 10 points. On the way out we had to wait for the blackbuck herd to cross the road. What a show, as always! I love this ranch and am so grateful for the opportunity to fish there and admire what they have built. its a special place and i’ll miss it while they hunt. We left it better than we found it, and always will. thank you for the opportunity.