Joshua Massoud

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 29833
Property Name : Trinity Lakes
Reservation Date : 09/26/2021 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 8 up to 2lbs
Lures Used : Spinner, Chatter, Swimbait, Rattletrap, TRIG, topwater

Fished with the daughter at Covington.  Beautiful day, easy breeze, warmed to 90 but was 82ish most of the day.  We enjoyed the outdoors and the scenery, including some friendly horses, cows.  My notes, fwiw, can be found below:

1. I didn’t use electronics as the lakes seemed shallow, but the water temp was under 80 in all three lakes. murky at Comanche – clear at the other 2.  We started at Comanche, fished Arrowhead, then Goose, the closed at Comanche. 
  2. We started around 10:30am, and left by 7pm. Dunch at 3:30. 
  3. My daughter picked up 2 at Comanche and I got 3. 
  4. My first cast was with a rattletrap and caught one – thought it was gonna be a lights out day, but it just never materialized. 
  5. Bite was subtle, very little activity except for the late evening.  Daughter’s first fish, she thought she had weeds, just wasn’t fighting.  I caught one similar a bit later in the deeper water – had no idea a fish was even on, just sort of mouthed it.
  6. We tried arrowhead but noting was happening. We didn’t fish the shallow shallow water where the birds were as the boat was filling with water despite my best efforts to seal the plug. We moved to lunch from there. 
  7. Got back and fished Goose, which was a bit different – caught a couple on top pretty quickly and there was a fair amount of bait activity.  I wanted to stick around and walk the lake to close it out, but unfortunately, my daughter wigged out when a small copperhead struck my shoe as we were walking.  I grew up on a farm and shrugged it off but she wasn’t having it – back to Comanche. 
  8. I managed 1 more at Comanche casting from the bank past the dock and realing back into it.  I noticed some breaks in the water in the unfishable area on the other property.