Scott Quigley

Admin

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 29796
Property Name : Trinity Lakes
Reservation Date : 09/17/2021 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 35 LMB up to 3lbs
Lures Used : 5" worm, chatter bait, swim bait, spinner bait, fluke, frog

I hadn’t seen Covington Trinity Lakes before and wanted to check it out so went out for a half day Friday.  Really awesome property, started by driving out on the dam between Arrowhead and Goose Lakes, fished each for a little while and then finished at Comanche, here’s the report for each:

Goose Lake - walked the bank and caught 10 fish between 1-3 lbs, all fat and very healthy.  Chatter bait and 5” Epic Bait worm both got steady action and noticed a lot of activity all around the lake, bass were feeding aggressively on bait but couldn’t get them to hit my frog.  The narrow end was more stained from the cattle and caught a couple there right away, as you make your way around the water gets clearer and then very clear by the dam.  The entire lake was very fishabled with patches of topped out coon tail, the fish were relating to the edges of the weed lines and the banks.

Arrowhead Lake - got the boat in and caught 5 fish 1-2 lbs.  The water was pretty clear and there was more vegetation than Goose Lake but still very fishable with patches of topped out coontail.  Caught them on frog, worm and flukes.  Could see a lot of bluegill and small bass all through the lake and they were feeding aggressively on the dragonflies.  I think fly fishermen would really like this lake!

Comanche Lake - drove over to the separate entrance for Comanche, there is a lot of work going on there as the owners are putting in a new road and will be building a house for them near the lake.  Once to the lake, I caught 20 fish 1-2 lbs from the bank in pretty short order, could have easily caught a hundred there if I’d fished the full half day there and worked the entire bank – they were hungry and aggressive.  I have a feeling they would hit everything but caught them on worm, swim bait and spinner bait.  There is very little vegetation at this lake, the entire thing is very fishable.  Great place to take a novice or kids, they will definitely get bit! 

Great property and if you are loooking for steady action this is a great option for you!