James Mathis

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 29760
Property Name : Flying J
Reservation Date : 09/18/2021 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 65 / 8 to 12 inches
Lures Used : Shallow to medium crankbaits, small jig, soft plastics

Fished from 9 am to 3 pm. Caught and culled 65, none bigger than 12 inches, mostly on shallow crankbaits. Cau-ght several on small jig, but they weren’t generally excited by TX-rigged worm. When I got into a school with a small crankbait, literally caught 6-10 on consecutive casts. Also, there are some nice 10-12 inch bluegill in here, and they chase crankbaits.

Lake experience: Very convenient location. Nice all-season gravel road to lake. Nice large and wide V-bottom 16-ft boat – plenty of room for two, but as noted by others,you need a 40-lb trolling motor minimum. Struggled getting one of the plugs provided to seal, but once I did, the boat didn’t leak. Transom in decent shape, but a thin backing board wouldn’t hurt.

As noted, this will be a very nice lake once the harvest reaches goals. 

Sep 19 2021

Mike Nicoloff

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Nice report James, thanks. I am curious about the 40lb min trolling motor. Is it because of the lake size or totally exposed to high wind?

Sep 20 2021

James Mathis

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Mike Nicoloff

Nice report James, thanks. I am curious about the 40lb min trolling motor. Is it because of the lake size or totally exposed to high wind?

Hey Mike,

I’d suggest a 40-lb minimumum because of the large size and weight of the provided boat, and exposure to wind. The lake isn’t one of the larger ones; probably medium-sized for the club lakes – 11-12 acres.

Cheers!

Jim

Sep 21 2021

Mike Nicoloff

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By James Mathis

Hey Mike,

I’d suggest a 40-lb minimumum because of the large size and weight of the provided boat, and exposure to wind. The lake isn’t one of the larger ones; probably medium-sized for the club lakes – 11-12 acres.

Cheers!

Jim

Thanks