Hard work produces quantity over quality.

Sep 07 2021

David Felton

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 29484
Property Name : Triple J Ranch
Reservation Date : 09/06/2021 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 31 Bass (2 over 3lb, 4-5 in 2lb range)/7 Crappie
Lures Used : Whopper Plopper, Rattle Trap, Chart. Spinnerbait, T-rig swimming worm, Underspin w/ paddletail, chatterbait

My guest and I fished from dawn to dusk (with a couple of breaks mixed in), and we managed to catch a good number of fish as well as lose several more near the boat.  First fish of the day was largest at 3.4lbs caught on a bone colored Chappo 110.  Next cast another big hit and lost the lure (looked like a bad knot...so that’s on me).  Switched to a Whopper Plopper 90, and continued to catch mostly dinks until the topwater bite ended shortly after sunrise.  Last fish of the day was 2nd biggest at 3lbs. caught on spinnerbait. Once the topwater bite died off, we just moved around the lake and would catch a few here and there on various baits before moving on. The crappie were mostly caught on the red Rattle Trap. It was truly a mixed bag with no real pattern.  Most of the fish came from the South half of the lake, but not really near the dam.  Water is very stained with only about 1.5ft of visibility, and as a result the fish are very pale (but healthy).  Bottom is black clay mud, and there’s virtually no grass/vegitation to deal with.  Remember to bring something (preferably flat sided) to bail some water wth as the boat has a slow leak.  I used a Country Crock tub.

Sep 07 2021

Mark Daugherty

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Way to go David. You guys stuck with it and had a good day – thank you for your inagural report. Welcome to the club! You should thank the guy who motivitated you to join – he must be a genius. Haha.

Mark

Sep 08 2021

David Felton

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Mark Daugherty

Way to go David. You guys stuck with it and had a good day – thank you for your inagural report. Welcome to the club! You should thank the guy who motivitated you to join – he must be a genius. Haha.

Mark

Yes, he is a genius, and I’m glad I finally listened to him and joined the club.  He also makes look navigating the boat and fishing at the same time look a lot easier than it is.  Thanks buddy!