Short Afternoon Worth the Trip

Aug 29 2021

Bradley Misialek

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 29599
Property Name : Lago Escondido
Reservation Date : 08/28/2021 PM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 2 Bass / 5 lbs. & 2 lbs.
Lures Used : 1/8 oz BlueGill-Colored Swim Jig with Rage Tail

Got out there around 5 pm intending to use the Kayak while the fam hung out and played around the doc. Wife got stung by a wasp & littles wouldn’t cooperate so I was sanctioned to bank fishing. Fished with a scum frog for the first hour with no luck. Switched to a 1/8 oz. swim jig with bluegill color & a rage tail & started fishing the dam right as the clouds hit and temperature dropped ~5-10 degrees within 10 mins. Immediately hooked up with a 5 lb bass as I scooped the jig up towards the bank & then a couple casts later hit a 2 lber a little further up the dam both at 7 pm. Missed one more after that, but we had to head home to get kids to sleep as the fish got really active. Can’t wait to get back out there again. 

Aug 29 2021

William Fetech

Toad

Number of Posts :

Bradley.  Good report and welcome to PWF. I also fish from a kayak, Old Towne Predator with Minn Kota trolling motor. 

What type of kayak do you own?

I live in NW San Antonio and routinely fish the various local PWF properties. I am always looking for a partner so if you are interested, send me an email at wfetech@hotmail.com. 

Bill