Joshua Massoud

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 29336
Property Name : Bluebonnet Ridge
Reservation Date : 07/28/2021 PM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 36 up to 2.7lbs
Lures Used : Pop-R

My buddy just quit his job (got a new one that starts in a couple of weeks) and wanted to go fish for the evening – so I took him out to Bluebonnet for a little bit of topwater fishing as I hadn’t taken him out this year. 

1. Weather was nearby by died out just southeast of us – made for a nice cool evening with a little rain. As a result, I couldn’t take any pictures but we didn’t catch anything to have a fuss about. 
  2. Pretty much the same pattern as Sunday – topwater around the edges of the weeds – though they weren’t into the spook as much this time – we mostly used a Pop-R and they would tend to hit it right when it hit the water or the first pop after the inital ripples died. 
  3. I did throw the magnum spook for a bit and I did get a really good 4+lb fish (saw it when it jumped out of the water, but it pulled own into a weed bed and I couldn’t horse it out.  By the time I got the boat over to it, it was gone.
  4. The fish moved shallower into the weeds where we couldn’t get the boat to after the first couple of hours. There were some smaller .5-1lb fish in the canal schooled up off s shallow edge that runs through it about halfway down. We wore those out for a bit (he doeesn’t care about size, just likes to catch them).  I let Carl do most of the catching and told him where to throw once i hit 10 fish. 
  5. We did get a few casts in at the Valley and I caught two – one by the dam and one in the shallow end on the other side.  Both decent fish.  I did lose a fish off my spook – I guess the split ring popped off when I moved the rods into the car and I didn’t check, it pulled it off.  I heard it jump twice with it still in its mouth (could hear the knock). 
  6. Some people may be saying this dude fishes alot – and yes, yes I do.  I have three loves – family, fishing, and boxing.  It is all I do. I can’t box right now with a torn ACL, so this is it.  I’ll get the ACL repaired when winter comes. I don’t mind the heat and I can fish with my family and friends.  As an attorney, I get alot of stressful stuff that happens and this is my primary outlet rather than drinking etc.  I wake up early, get my work done and if I can, I’ll go fish!