Jason Owens

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 28873
Property Name : Lost Creek Ranch
Reservation Date : 07/22/2021 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 51 up to 5lb 7oz
Lures Used : Texas rigged swimming worms and craws

Fished lost creek ranch on Thursday 7-22 with my brother/fellow member Nick Owens and my 11yr old son.  We were leaving from my brothers house south of Houston so we didn't get on the water until a little after 10am and fished until almost 8pm with a short break around 3pm to get out of the heat.  My brother fished out of a kayak and my son and I fished out of the club boat.  The fishing wasn't as insane as it was in the spring, but it was still pretty good.  I had 25 by myself but no big ones.  My son had 14 with the big fish of the day at 5lb 7oz.  My brother ended up with 12 and another 5lb 5oz.  

Most consistent bait was Texas rigged Yum thumping dinger in a baby bass color.  Texas rigged craws also worked and we even caught a few on wacky rigged senkos.  Most of the bites were dragging baits along the dam and flipping wood at the back of the creek arm on the west side of the lake.  Only a few fish out of the eastern arm but one of those was a 5lb.  

This is an awesome lake that needs to be on everyone’s PWF bucket list.  Can't ask for a better day of fishing in the middle of summer.

Jul 27 2021

Dale Stagg

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Yes, this is an awesome lake!