Joshua Massoud

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 29311
Property Name : Bluebonnet Ridge
Reservation Date : 07/25/2021 PM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 31 bass up to 4lbs, 1 hybrid striper
Lures Used : Mag Spook, Super Spook/POP-R/Frog

Fished Bluebonnet Ridge/Mesquito Valley on Sunday afternoon – may family has some summer cold and my wife cancelled her work trip this week, so I decided to head out:

1. Water temp 90,10mph wind out of the SW, water is nearly gin clear with a tannic stain – was hot outside – but the breeze made it very manageable.  Fished from 4:30-8 on the Ridge, and then 30 minutes at Mosquito Valley.
  2. When I first arrived, I didn’t really think much of the lake, nor was I expecting much, just wanted to be not in the house (the property is beautiful!)– only about 40% fishable from a boat with the heavy coontail.  I saw alot of brim when I walked up very shallow and a fair amount of what I assume is shad popping here and there past the weedline. 
  3. Caught one on my first cast from the bank on a frog and got in the boat from there. 
  4. KVD once said that bass sitting about 10feet down will hit a spook in clear water if here is some wind, while I started with a TRIG/CRIG, I saw some action on the top off the weedline and decided to go topwater despite the heat/sun – and I wasn’t disappointed. 
  5. Threw the magnum spook and got a near 4lber pretty quickly.  That thing is a bear to throw all day (especially with the heat), so I downsized to the Zara Super Spook in bone (after striking out on a translucent shad color one I had) and found a pretty consistent pattern hopping from the main point throw the fishable area in the main lake. 
  6. I threw a translucent shad color Pop-R and got some fish on it (easier to navigate it in the holes in the weeds) and found some bites, but mostly smaller 1lb fish. 
  7. I made my way through the ‘canal’ of sorts down the weedline to the shallower part of the lake – seemed to be smaller fish though I did find some in parts. 
  8. I reserved myself some time (still not sure when we have to be off a property), to fish other lake from the bank. 
  9. Caught three in the valley, 2 fatty 2.5lbers, and 1 (I assume) hybrid striper using a black magnum spook. 
  10. The pic of the big fish is from my club lake – 10.1lbs on saturday at 2:30pm.  Was in town for a funeral so decided to wet my rod and got a good one – felt like posting it.