Chris Violette

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 29236
Property Name : Moonshine Lake
Reservation Date : 07/17/2021 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 28 Total: 4 over 4#, culled 3
Lures Used : Whooper Plopper, Fluke, Texas Rig

There is nothing like pulling up to a new lake at first light. As I prepped our Hobie for launch, I handed my son a rod with a large whooper plopper on it.  Three cast in and he reeled in a 4.5#er. We knew we were going to have a good day.  

Moonshine’s clarity with one of the best that I have seen in the club. I was actually worried because we fish braid primarily.  Fortunately, the liked chasing the top water baits and it wasn’t a problem.

We had success all over the lake. The west channel produced a few hook ups. I was expecting to pull more from shore as grass area, but we actually had more success in the middle of the channel. The timbers, in the middle of the lake, was the area where we had probably most success. The dam produced a few hook ups. The north side of property was my favorite.  We pulled 4 fish out the moss & coontail there. Three were over 4# and 1 was over 3#.  I was hoping the fish the shallow West end of the property, but the wind picked up and we had to rely on the trolling motor to keep us out of trouble. I would love to take the Hobie in that area on a calm day.  We, also, didn’t fish the other two smaller bodies of water on the west side. We will save that for our next trip.

This lake has a ton of places to spend your time fishing and many different ways to fish it.  It fishes like a much larger lake. Plenty of ways to keep you entertained, for sure. I can’t wait to come fish this property again.