Raymond McKinney

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 29152
Property Name : Indian Cave: La Roca Range
Reservation Date : 07/16/2021 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 50/ 17-20"
Lures Used : plastics

After striking out early at the dam on frogs in the grass, we moved out about 20’ feet and came back down the dam fishing texas rigged worms in about 10’ of water and started hitting some solid fish. We tried a few moving baits and would pick up a couple, but not with the consistency or size that the plastics were producing. We moved into the timber on the east side of the lake and our luck continued. When we got to where we were crossing main lake points the size of the fish noticeably increased. So that is where we ended up spending most of our time, in 10’-12’ of water off main lake points with various TX rigged baits. 

This is my 4th  or 5th time to fish this lake and each time the size of the average fish has increased. Now its mostly 17” to 20” fish, with big shoulders. Our biggest to the boat was 5 lbs, 3 oz, but we broke off or lost several that were larger than that. This is an incredible lake on an even more incredible ranch. If you have never been here, make a point to fish it. You won’t be disappointed. I never have been. On the drive in I saw a whitetail buck bedded within 10’ of the road that would score WELL past 200”. We saw several more at the free choice feeder as well as some black buck antelope. On the way out we were treated to lots of black buck and even though we were just creeping along, we had to stop to let them all cross the road. What a show. And its like that every time I have ever been. 

The fishing is challenging but amazing. The boat and the dock are first class. And the show! WOW.  A special thanks to those that make it possible for us to experience a lake and ranch such as this. We are so grateful that you allow us to do that and we will continue to work to leave it better than we found it. Always.