Jul 17 2021

Chris Casner

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 29186
Property Name : Willow Lake
Reservation Date : 07/16/2021 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 100+ Bass, 60 culls, largest 4.7
Lures Used : Toad, Whopper Plopper, Chaterbait, Spinnerbait/Bettlespin, TX Rigged Worm

Fished Willow Lake on Friday 7/16 with member Randy Groves in separate boats. Surface temperature started out at 85 with good water visibility. Started raining (alternating between heavy and light) shortly after we launched for three hours which forced us off the water for a while. Caught fish on topwater, mostly on a toad (black) and whopper plopper, until around 1. Didn’t want a buzzbait which is normally good in the rain. Switched to subsurface with chatterbait, spinnerbait, bettlespin and Tx rigged stick baits working the best. We both lost count of the number of fish that we threw back as we were catching so many culls. The back cove by the creek over rthe grass and any wood cover were the prime spots but we caught fish all over the lake. Two over 4 with largest fish of the day being 4.7 and around 15 over 3. If a fished missed your lure the first time it would come back and try one or two more times until he got it. At least three times I had a bigger fish cashing my hooked littler fish when I was bringing it in. Randy had a problem getting to the entrance, if you use Google it will take you short of the entrance. My GPS put me right on it. After the locked gate the turn off to the riight is 100 yards or less but it’s not a gate, it’s a steel pole entrance. When you see the dam, go down to the right. There are a lot of stickers so don’t wear sandals while launching your boat and bring bug spray. Great day on the water.