Whole Lotta fun, Very Little Fish - Except 1 (ALMOST)

Jul 12 2021

Chase Thibodaux

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 29095
Property Name : Pecan Springs Ranch
Reservation Date : 07/10/2021 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 4 / 8 inches
Lures Used : Green Pumpkin Senko, Chatterbait, White Trick Worm, Whopper Plopper (Munkey Butt)

My son Ryan and I got on the lake around 8:30am to light south winds and overcast skies.  Water Temp. = 82, Water Clarity = 5 feet.  Lots of moss on the south end and a huge beaver hanging out at the base of the large fallen tree across the water.  We first headed out across the boat launch and fished the entire bank to the far south end and returned to the boat dock for lunch.  The 4 dinks caught were all on a Senko on the eastern bank.  Many thanks to the property owner for providing the picnic table under the trees at the boat dock.  It was nice to have lunch in the shade.  After lunch is when things began to get interesting – in a hurry.  During lunch, I changed my bait to a Whopper Plopper 130.  This was to be its “maiden voyage”.  We started down the western bank toward the boat ramp without a strike until about the 5th Whopper Plopper cast and 6 feet from the boat the biggest and loudest explosion I’ve ever experienced happened.  This bass was angry and took the bait immediately under the boat then out where it jumped and spit the hook.  Just guessing 3-5 lbs.  Heck of an experience and a whole lotta fun.  We’ll be back and I’ll get him next time.

Jul 12 2021

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

Yea. She short lined you. Those are tough to catch. 

Jul 13 2021

Dale Stagg

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Yep, Those late hits end up getting off a lot of the time. Nice!