Pruitt Bro's Do Muy Caliente Coldspring (67 Fish with a 5 & 3/4 Kicker - See Photos)

Jun 21 2021

Wayne Pruitt

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 28743
Property Name : Lost Creek Ranch
Reservation Date : 06/19/2021 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : Mostly 1 to 3 Pounders with one 5 3/4 Pounder
Lures Used : Stiko Pearl Weedless No Weight & Z Craw Worm Texas Rigged

Phil and I made the commute to Coldspring Lost Creek Ranch on Saturday morning with high expectations on catching numbers and hopefully a few good ones as well. This club lake has been very good to us two brothers to say the least. We pull in still dark and patiently wait for enough light to launch my Hobie 14 foot 360 and Phils 16 foot tracker. We patiently wait for light and then launch. 

There is a scum across the top of the water with no sign of bass working bait at all. We start targeting areas we know to have held fish in the past few trips. Phils hits 7 fish while I am trying to figure out why my Lowrance is not functioning. A good brother would have waited so we both start at the same time time LOL. I decided i needed to forget the depth finder and go to work before Phil is so far ahead of me I would never catch up. I started sticking a few myself and we hit every finger and brush pile in search of the previous trips numbers and success. The water temp was around 92 when I finally got a reading. Pretty sure this was a neg impact on the fish numbers for the day. I started getting a few to hit a weedless garlic dipped white stiko………..made a cast over around the pontoon boat fish feeder area between me and Phil and a 5 ¾ pounder attacked it on the surface then put on a show. This is huge for this lakes standards since it was stocked in 2019 (see photo of me & fish). A mighty tug on a tight line. Very nice and now expectations increase on the day. We ate a sandwich on the move and kept fishing. 

The afternoon brought a nice surprise……….visible feeding on small fingerling hatch forage. The bass started attacking these defenseless treats……...we would throw in the midst of the turmoil and hook up. Made for a good afternoon. Around 5:30 PM we decided we had had enough of the scorching hot temps and headed south to the Casa.

Jun 21 2021

Dale Stagg

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Nice job! My brother caught one about a month ago that was 5 lb 14 oz. where are the brush piles? Never saw any marked. Hidden except for sonar? Love that lake.

Jun 22 2021

Wayne Pruitt

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Dale Stagg

Nice job! My brother caught one about a month ago that was 5 lb 14 oz. where are the brush piles? Never saw any marked. Hidden except for sonar? Love that lake.

You can find with sonar and some are visible in shallow water………………….it is an awesome lake, can’t wait to fish it 3 years from now and see the quality and size. Gonna be fun.