Jun 20 2021

Craig Awtrey

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 28835
Property Name : Tara lake
Reservation Date : 06/19/2021 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 42 bass, 16 crappie, 1 bluegill
Lures Used : swimbait with underspin, chrome bluegill crankbait, shaky head swimbait

I never use a crankbait but it paid off today. I had 5-6 fish off a brush pile marker off the dam in short time. Hung around that area and kept pulling fish from the marker and the adjacent area. I didn’t have pliers with me so the crankbait was difficult to keep removing so I switched over to a white swimbait on a shaky head and they were happy to eat that as well with an erratic start stop retreive. Lots of them smashed it right off the side of the boat. Missed alot of fish and plenty of them got away today. No topwater action at all, there were a few big girls that popped out of the water early in the AM but none receptive to a frog. Crappie loved the smaller swimbait with underspin, as well as the shaky head swimbait. Biggest bass was 5lbs 3oz with average lmb over 3lbs. The small ones were extremely thick bodied. Largest crappie was 1lb 12oz.

The drive on property was excellent. The water crossing has plenty of rock so you don’t get bogged down. Landowner has put down a lot of rock on the entire path to the lake. Very grateful for the amazing outing on a wonderful body of water.