A break between torrential rainfalls

Jun 08 2021

Tyler Abbey

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 28792
Property Name : Lost Creek Ranch
Reservation Date : 06/06/2021 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 30 bass in total- most were 1-2 lb range with a couple 3-4 lb.
Lures Used : Weightless t-rig senko, t-rig gene larew tattle tail

With just having my membership approved on Friday we decided to make a spur of the moment to lost creek ranch on the following Sunday.  We understood that the fishing wasn't going to be ideal but with finally having a weekend off from work we jumped at the ideal of getting out of the house for a few hours.  We found the lake very easily and found the ramp was perfect for dropping off our kayaks. We started out heading southeast fishing the grass line with Texas rig worms.  Once I figured out the correct depth of where the fish were hanging out the fish started to roll in.  We then went back to the ramp for a quick snack. We then worked the dam with weightless senkos. My favorite part of the lake is the southwest side of the lake where you can find tons of lay downs!  We didn't get to fish this side of the lake as much as I would have liked due to finding it at the end of our trip.  Fishing wasn't the greatest due to amount of rainfall we've received down here but it was a blast and the perfect little get away. (Sorry if my sense of direction is off)  Even with the undesirable conditions we still caught quite a few fish.  I will be going back to this lake in the near future when conditions lean in our favor. Our largest of the day was a rather chunky 18 1/4”. 

Jun 08 2021

Stephen Ford

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Welcome to the club. That is a fantastic PWF debut. I don't think anyone here would complain about a 30 bass day as their first or 100th PWF experience. I look forward to reading your future reports.

Jun 08 2021

Alan Stein

Fry

Number of Posts :

Welcome to to the club. I hope this is the first of many exciting fishing adventures for you.🎣