Sunday, June 6th - Cleburne, Six O (fun with harvesters!)

Jun 07 2021

Mark Daugherty

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 28745
Property Name : Six O Ranch
Reservation Date : 06/06/2021 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 75 total / 48 harvested and 27 returned (up to 2 1/2 lbs)
Lures Used : Most effective were: t-rig worm and floating worm

I took a guest to Six O on Sunday and we were fortunate to get in a full day of fishing considering all of the rain delays of late. The weather and water were really nice. Didn’t blow too bad – but you know with even 11 and 12MPH sustained southerly winds that Six O is still a lot to manage. Water was very clear (as usual) to 7ft and about 78F with a chop to calming in the evening. Lake is FULL, up and over the existing submerged weedline, over the rock ringed shore, and into the pasture grass. There were lots of little bass patrolling that submerged rock bottom near shore. There were also several areas of bluegill beds – although the bass weren’t crashing the beds.

We boated 75 total / 48 harvested and 27 returned (up to 2 1/2 lbs). We couldn’t find any better quality fish this time – we kept trying the deeper weedlines, but kept coming back to the action on the shore. T-rig curly tail worms were most effective as well as a floating worm worked over the (now) submerged grass. Beautiful ranch and a great escape! Thanks Six O and PWF!

Mark

Jun 07 2021

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

HI Mark,

That is a great harvest number. Thanks for doing your part!!

Steve

Jun 08 2021

Alan Stein

Fry

Number of Posts :

Congratulations on finishing second in the contest🎣

Jun 08 2021

Mark Daugherty

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Alan Stein

Congratulations on finishing second in the contest🎣

I appreciate that Alan! I am just glad to find some cooperative fish – big or small! Six O is that kind of lake where you just have to pay attention – you never know!

Mark