Gorgeous property, Rainsuites, and LMB.. What more do you need?

Jun 01 2021

Jeremy Besson

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 28616
Property Name : Camp Creek
Reservation Date : 05/31/2021 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 16LMB dink- 4.89lbs
Lures Used : chatterbait, rattlebot, senko, fluke

First off let me say my wife and I had been watching the upcoming weather for Memorial Day and I was having serious doubts. Now i have to brag my wife said “ well we bought rain suites for a reason “ we might as well try them out. So we decided to go ahead and try to fish Camp Creek knowing the weather was going to be tough.  We arrived right around 7:00 am and must say if you haven't been here you def need to go just for the scenery. The wild horses were close by and put on a good show most of the day, even getting as close as 10 or so feet away from us. It had already started to sprinkle so wet set up the pop up canopy giving us a place to make lunch and get out of the rain. 

We launched our bass raider easily from the bank right around 7:45, rain suites on tight, ready to have a great day fishing. We had good luck throughout the morning throwing noisy moving baits in the rain. Now I have to brag on my wife for a second. She convinced me to fish from the get go, fished most of the day in the pouring rain, but she also caught her new PB. She landed a beautiful 4.89lb bass and right then the day was well worth it!! we fished on and off until right around 3:30 when the thunderstorms worsened and forced us off the lake. We ended up catching 16 with 5-6 fish over 3lbs, numerous in the 2lb, and only a few that would have been culled.  This is a property we will def be back to on a prettier day, but even on a crazy weather day it was well worth it. 

Jun 02 2021

Mark Daugherty

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Congrats to the wife for sticking it out in the rain and landing her PB! That makes it all worthwhile. 

Jun 02 2021

Scott Quigley

Admin

Number of Posts :

Good for you both, glad you had a great day out there…definitely a beautiful property and now that it is full pool just a matter of time before it is fishing as hot as last fall.  Congrats to Laura on her PB!