Glen Armstrong

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 28600
Property Name : Butler Lake
Reservation Date : 05/29/2021 All Day - 05/30/2021 AM
Total Fish/Sizes : 5/2lbs
Lures Used : Everything

I invited a friend from Nacogdoches to fish with me at Butler Lake. There had been some very good reports so we were excited. Unfortunately, the night before there was a very strong thunder storm that lasted for several hours. When we got to the lake, we got what we expected-brown water. Visibility was less than a foot. The few fish we caught were on the bank and they came to a white fluke. I did see something unusual. When we first got to the lake I saw something very long and thin emerge from the water about 100 yards offshore. Then , it happened again. It turned out it was a big turtle. His long neck would rise above the water and then he would swim vigoriously to stay above the water. Weird. The owner came by and gave us some tips about where the fish were being caught, but it didn’t help due to the water conditions.

May 31 2021

Joshua Massoud

Keeper

Number of Posts :

The barometric pressure difference after a storm like that is a real killer, tough luck friend.  My best days after large storms are catching sinks in super shallow newly flooded areas, not much fun .  You will get them next time! 

May 31 2021

Joshua Massoud

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Joshua Massoud

The barometric pressure difference after a storm like that is a real killer, tough luck friend.  My best days after large storms are catching sinks in super shallow newly flooded areas, not much fun .  You will get them next time! 

Dinks