May 24 2021

Dale Stagg

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 28558
Property Name : Lost Creek Ranch
Reservation Date : 05/23/2021 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 15
Lures Used : Epic Baits Plastic Worm - Watermelon/Junebug, Squarebill, Whopper Plopper, swim jig, Swimbait

Two weeks ago, the fish were on fire on Lost Creek but I took my two sons today to give them a tast of bass fishing. Well, it turned out to be not a great day to turn them on to fresh water fishing.

After a week of heavy rain all week long, we got out to Lost Creek for the first day of no rain forcast and before more rain coming after today. We fished from 10am to 5pm and I caught 4, my oldest caught 5 and my youngest son caught 6 bass. The bite was super slow throughout the day and after my last trip there and I told them so much about the great numbers, today was a flop mostly. My sons still had a great time, but not near as great as I had been telling them this lake was. 

Weather was very overcast and cloudy and actually did rain a few times on us and close to five, it poured so we decided to call it quits for the day. Caught most on an Epic Baits Watermelon/Junebug worm but caught a few on topwater Whopper Plopper near the feeders. 

Just wondering what it was today that turned them off and questioning if the rain all week or something else turned them off. We had fun, but just could not get any numbers to feed. I will be back as I know the numbers are there but I just could not stir them up today.

May 24 2021

Dale Stagg

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Got errors on initial photo upload, so adding as a reply. System would not allow me to edit photos on original post.