Kevin Fuller

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 28109
Property Name : Nix Ranch: Lake TCU
Reservation Date : 05/21/2021 All Day - 05/21/2021 All Day
Total Fish/Sizes : 35 most in the 2.5 to 3.5 range
Lures Used : Flies/Frogs/Torpedo/Senkoes/Luck

Fished TCU today with my good buds from church Farland Clark and Jim Barnett.  We had a great day at TCU.  We all caught some really nice TCU beast bass and also took a lunch break to Tioga to get some really great Clark’s BBQ.  It was really nice to put my friends on some quality bass on a great and easy to fish PW lake.  We had a great visit with Dub and turns out Farland and Jim’s boys had gone to school with some of Dub’s grandkids.  Dub as always was a great host and made my guests feel so welcome at his place.

Fishing stuff:  I was on the fly rod and caught almost all my bass on deer hair poppers (that kinda look like frogs) fished really close to the bank.  If I could land the fly within a foot of the bank the bass would just crush it – so much fun on the fly rod.  Jim was using an old torpedeo topwater bait he found in his tackle box – he landed about a dozen bass on this oldie but goodie bait also fished very close to the bank.  Farland caught most of his bass on a senko fished out from the bank between the grass mats.   The island closest to the launch gave up five nice bass all tight to the bank.  Just a great day on the water and so much fun to watch these TCU bass blow up on topwaters.  Most of our fish were in the 18 or 19” class (see pic) – no giants and no total dinks though we did cull 12 fish.   The fly rod also tore up the bream pretty good with little clousers catching about two dozen pretty big bream.

This is going to be my last post for a while as we’re temporarily moving to Savannah Georgia.  I hope to get back to Texas as much as I can over the next few years and plan to squeeze in a PW trip whenever I can.  TCU gave me a great send off – gonna miss PW, the great PW team, the fish and these beautiful places we get to fish.

Adios

May 22 2021

Joshua Massoud

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Enjoy GA – and safe travels!

May 22 2021

Mark Daugherty

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Joshua Massoud

Enjoy GA – and safe travels!

Adios Mr. Fuller – I sure will miss all your fly fishing reports! Hope you ultimately return to the great state of Texas. Blessings. 

Mark