David Thompson

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 28170
Property Name : Tara lake
Reservation Date : 05/09/2021 AM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 15 1#-4#
Lures Used : Texas Rig, wacky worm, chatter baits

Took my wife and sons out to Tara Lake. We stayed at the lodge and met Claude and Nancy who were extremely nice and accomodating.   Great place to stay with a lot of history.   Hit the water early Mothers day morning and fished from 6:00 am  to 10:30 am.   My 10 year old caught his personal best pretty qucik directly at the boat ramp at 4.1#’s.  We were mostly bank fishing and caught 5 right at the ramp.   My 8 year old has a great fish story for his persoal best.   He set his rod down to get a drink from the cooler and his rod was almost instantly pulled into the water.   Unfortunately dad hesitated a moment before plowing in to the water after it, but that moment of hesitation proved to be costly.   This was obviously a nice fish as the rod was quickly more than 10 feet into the water and out of sight.   Luckily mom was there, she patiently drug her line across the area for probably 10 minutes and managed to snag the line and ultimately pull the rod in.   With the rod back in my 8 year olds hands to everyones surprise the fight was on.   He muscles the fish in to set his personal best at 4#’s.   Needless to say he has taken the opportunity to tell this story many times already.   We shuttled everyone to the far side and pulled in another 10 fish in an hour.   All , but 2 were over 2#’s.   

May 11 2021

Mark Daugherty

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Memory maker right there! Thanks for sharing David!

May 11 2021

Joshua Massoud

Keeper

Number of Posts :

That’s awesome! They will remember that for the rest of their lives!

May 11 2021

John Daniels

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Whooping my Dad fishing was always fun for me as well. LOL

May 11 2021

Brad Wemhoener

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Congrats on a great day and a great hero story for Mom with her patience and diligence. Nice fish for the boys, too, to top it off. 

May 12 2021

Dale Stagg

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Great Story. So happy you got equipment back and expecially with fish still attached. Awesome!