Pruitt Brother's Fish Butler Lake - Big 1/2 Day Results with 58 Fish - All 3 to 5 Pounders - See Pics

May 03 2021

Wayne Pruitt

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 28279
Property Name : Butler Lake
Reservation Date : 04/30/2021 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 58 LMB 3 to 5 Pounds
Lures Used : Shallow Diving Crawfish Colored Square Bills & Weightless Candy Corn Stiko's

58 Bass - A ½ Day of Fishing on Butler Lake - Brenham, Texas (See Pics)

Only 3 Culls Under 14”

120% Chance of Rain! Rain! Rain!

Friday Was a GREAT Day for Bull Frogs & Wetland Creatures! Not Human Beans! Intentional Typo :-)

Left the house at 4:30 AM looking at the truck navigator radar screen revealing it may be better to stay home in bed! Since I am not a fan of lying in bed when there are fish to catch, we headed north west from Deer Park (Me casa) and Mont Belvieu (Phil’s casa) through heavy rains, thunder and lightning wondering if we would even be able to launch the boat. A little Charlie Robison, Bandera Texas Boy on the Satellite Juke Box! Nothing like driving in the rain with a good juke box on………..listening to Charlie do “My Home Town” over and over again.

OK, we have Bacon Sandwiches on the menu today. We have every intention of ripping lips and mother nature ain’t stopping us short of a Crossfire Hurricane! We get Phil’s boat launched at the nice concrete boat ramp provided and it is not raining for the moment. Kind a like pitching a no hitter through 8 innings and someone walks up and says hey man you know you have a no hitter going? It is not raining and Phil asked me Wayne did you bring your rain gear? Yes Phil, the rain is not going to shut us down brother, we are fishing rain or shine………….Phil hooks up on a 4 pounder right away, I hook up on two 4 pounders shortly after and it is now on. The rain that is…….. it is now pouring thanks Phil and it is going to be a wet hot mess the rest of this trip. Since the fish are already wet, it was no inconvenience for the fish. They were right at home in the down pour. That did not stop them from having hunger pains and anger issues. We smoked them with shallow diving crawfish colored square bills. 1/3 of our success was on these baits. 2/3’s of the catches were caught on Large Candy Corn Bass Pro Stiko (senko type) Baits weightless.

It never stopped raining for the duration of our ½ day effort. Don’t think for a minute that catching fish in the rain is impossible. We stopped fishing at 1 PM. 58 LMB all averaging 3 ½ to 4 ½ pounds. One pushing 5 pounds. Oh and 1 crappy. So we were on pace to catch over 100 fish had we been able to get the entire day in. We would have stayed all day but I had to commute to a buddy’s ranch in Llano, Texas. Needed to get there with daylight left so an all day trip was not in the cards. Met Robby Grainger as we were trailering the boat and he gave us a bit of history on the ranch and lake. Thank you Robby and your entire family for allowing PWF to enjoy your piece of heaven on earth. You and your family are going to love the PWF members. The members fortunate enough to fish Butler Lake will be good stewards of this lake property. That’s just what PWF members do. In our going on 4 years as members, I have never heard a land owner complain. Believe me, we have met many of the property owners. I take that back, the only complaint I have heard is if the members are not fishing their property enough.

Phil and I joined PWF in April of 2017 and have logged close to 3,000 LMB caught since getting our memberships. That is insane!!!!!!!! The last one caught at Butler Lake was as fun as the first one caught at Black Jack in Giddings, Texas in April 2017. We were hooked literally on day one……….and to tell the truth we are wishing we were out there fishing today instead of savoring the memories. There will be plenty of time for savoring memories one day, until then LET’S GO FISHING!!!!!!!!!!!!

God, Thank You for Your Many, Many Blessings! Thank you Steve, Keri, Cole, Scott and Team PWF for another pleasant surprise! Houston Area Lakes make us Smile! Brenham, Cleveland, Cold Spring, Black Jack, Waelder, Post Oak and on & on! You guys have turned this members club into the greatest value possible for these couple of outdoorsmen. We are grinning ear to ear!!!!!!!

Always Keep a Tight Line - No Slack Jack,

The Pruitt Brother’s (Wayne & Phil)

May 03 2021

Mark Daugherty

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Wayne – as soon as I saw the new lake opening in the Houston area, I was like, “can’t wait to see the Pruitt Bros report”. LOL. And it did not disappoint. Thanks again for sharing a great report and even better commentary! 

Keep it up – tight lines and God bless.

Mark Daugherty

May 03 2021

Wayne Pruitt

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Mark,

We were pretty excited about having another lake inside of a 2 hour drive. This lake is going to be fun for sure. For the most part they all are. Thanks for catching the post………...good luck on your next PWF outing.

Wayne Pruitt

May 03 2021

Scott Quigley

Admin

Number of Posts :

Great report, glad you persevered through the storms and enjoyed our new Houston gem, Butler Lake!  We really appreciate your support of our club and the relationships you’ve built with the land owners; you and our other members always make a great impression and really help strengthen our partnership with them.