"There be monsters here..."

May 02 2021

Larry Maupin

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 28325
Property Name : Travis Lake - (Formerly Flying M)
Reservation Date : 04/30/2021 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 24 to 6.5 lbs.
Lures Used : TR Senko, Craw colored Jackhammer Chatterbait, frog colored Pompadour Jr topwater

We arrived late morning after the rains. Beautiful property and great easy access to the launch area and dock. Someone recommended the white gate area in the submerged fence. It paid off all day. Third cast landed a 3.5 pounder. Wprked our way around the fence and cast a 3/8th oz craw colored Jackhammer Chatterbait out toward the middle of the lake. Hooked someting big. Got it to the boat and saw the fattest football shaped bass I’ve ever seen in person! She unlatched at the boat! Dang! Thought it was 9-10 but probable 6-7. 

Worked around the lake and caught numerous 1-2 pounders up to about 3. Some released some (10) went on the stringer. Took a lunch break on shore then back out for the afternoon/evening. Cruised along the dam and caught a few more. Then the Jackhammer Chatterbait scired again – another big one. Landed this one – weighed and measured 6.5 pounds, my biggest fish so far this year. 

Spent the evening throwing topwaters along the dam – caught a few then north of the white gate area. Caught 5 on frog colored Pompadour Jr topwater. A great day hookingb two bass over 6 lbs ended with a farewell sendoff by the cows and a great sunset over the lake. I certanily look forward to fishing here again.

May 03 2021

Scott Quigley

Admin

Number of Posts :

Great report Larry, glad you enjoyed your day at Travis Lake!  Batting .500 on big fish is not too bad, nice pics!

May 03 2021

Larry Maupin

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Scott Quigley

Great report Larry, glad you enjoyed your day at Travis Lake!  Batting .500 on big fish is not too bad, nice pics!

Thanks, Scott. I know batting .500 is not bad, but we always remember “the one that got away.” At least I got it in video.