Maiden Voyage at MK Ranch

May 02 2021

John Frederick

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 28288
Property Name : MK Ranch
Reservation Date : 05/01/2021 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 30 total, harvested 11. 19 2 & 3+ lbers. Largest was 4.69 lbs caught at the boat house.
Lures Used : Soft plastic swim baits with belly weighted hooks, small flukes fished weightless on the moss beds. Struck out on top waters, spinner bait, wacky worms, carolina-rigged baby brush hog, alabama rig & crankbaits.

I’m a new member and this was my first trip.  My fishing partner is a long-time member but his first trip to MK Ranch.  From 7:00 AM to 9:30 we were all over them, catching many nice healthy looking fish.  I caught a 4.69 lb at the dock before we started. Then a morning lull set in.  We caught a few more around the noon hour, then a typical afternoon lull and an uptick in bites & catches between 5:00-7:00 pm.

Paddle-tail soft plastic swimbaits were most productive. We also caught fish on small flukes fished without a weight on the moss beds. Struck out on top waters (spook, torpedo, chugger, frogs), spinnerbait, wacky worms, carolina-rigged baby brush hog, alabama rig & crankbaits. We tried several things, even a buzz bait in the end. 

We fished the lake counter-clockwise, making 3 laps in the morning and another 2-3 in the afternoon.  The far-end half seemed best, as we struck out along the dam except near the boathouse.  All-in-all we had a great time and didn’t get rained on until the last half hour.

May 03 2021

Joshua Massoud

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Welcome aboard and glad you had a solid first outing! MK is definitely on my list. 

May 03 2021

Scott Quigley

Admin

Number of Posts :

Welcome to the club John, glad you had a nice day at MK!