Blake Posey

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 28158
Property Name : Lake Thrallveston
Reservation Date : 04/27/2021 AM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 20 up to 4.5 lbs
Lures Used : Frogs in the Lily Pads

Me and a Buddy had a great morning in Taylor. Based on the conversation with the owner and the reports I have read about this property, the water was the most clear it has been in a long time, maybe ever. We could see the bottom in 2-3 ft and it was very overcast, stained but clear overall. Water temp was 72 and we started with top water and headed toward the shallow two arms of the lake. Old lily pads, grassy cover, and small stick up limbs covered the shallow arms and the fish were loaded in them. Our frogs were getting blown up all morning when we were fishing in the lilys and cover. We fished the rest of the lake around the bank and the deep holes using everything in the box. We caught one on a top water walking bait and one on a worm near the ramp on the marked structure with PVC pipe. If the water was muddy like previous trips I can understand the difficulty of finding fish as there was not much for structure in this lake. We caught 20 overall with 18 on frogs and another 7 or 8 blow ups. 2 x 4.5 lbs, several 3’s, lots of 2’s, and only 1 dink. They were not specific on the color frog.  Beautiful property and we enjoyed our morning.

May 03 2021

Scott Quigley

Admin

Number of Posts :

Great report Blake, glad you enjoyed your day out there!  Good to know about the water clarity, that should really help folks get on them going forward.