Bruce Bernard

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 27998
Property Name : Lost Creek Ranch
Reservation Date : 04/11/2021 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : Bunch
Lures Used : Chase and only chase

John Bedore and I had a chance to fish the beautiful Lost Creek Ranch on Sunday 4/11.  What a place!  This is only my second time to fish it but this is one beautiful lake with lots of willing bass.  We started of catching a few on topwater lures early in the day but quickly switched over to crank baits, chatterbaits etc.  We caught bass up to 5 ½ pounds all over the lake.  I did notice that the action on bigger fish really picked up  one hour after the “prime time” ended accordig to the lunar charts.  This is a pattern that I have observed too frequently for it to be a coincidence in many of our club lakes.

The water is really clear here so we used flurocarbon leaders ahead of our braid (our standard practice) and we found it better to make long cast to keep from spooking the bass.  Many times we had fish chase the lure and hooked bass right to the boat.  We had a lot of doubles where we both hooked fish as we made out way around the lake.  We caught the bigger fish on the main lake vs the creek arms.

The beauty and isolation of the ranch, the wildlife (deer, exotics and the resident eagle) plus the outstanding fishing combine to quickly make this lake one of my favorites on the club.  Cant wait to go back again.