Joshua Massoud

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 27908
Property Name : Triple J Ranch
Reservation Date : 04/11/2021 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 6
Lures Used : Senko/Spinner blade/Jig

My daughter and I got out for the morning on Triple J – we started with wacky rigged senkos and caught a couple small bass and had a lot of hits from what felt like crappie. I tried top water early with a couple different things but no luck at least not yet.  Nothing we caught was tight to the bank.

With the water turbidity, I went to an oversize spinner blade with a big trailer and put the daughter on large swim jig, both white.   We were able to pull up a few good size (3-4) bass that fought very hard and were all healthy.  We mostly fished the north end and they were around the timber in that area.  All four were females and had spawned relatively recently (no eggs).  Once it started to heat up and the sun was bright, the bite turned off in that area.  If we stayed, I would have backed off those same areas to deeper water to try and find grass or timber that they were resting at. 

My two cents – bring an anchor or a strap to latch on to the timber as the lake catches a fair amount of wind and as with all jon boats, they get pushed around.  Unless you want to catch crappie, go bigger on the lure size.